No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
    Andre Ward will get plowed over eventually. Not having power always bites you in the ass eventually.

Dirrell has more overall talent and I think he could beat Ward also.

ward's not a huge hitter but i'm sure froch will attest to his ability to keep you honest. froch is no petunia and he respected ward's power

andre ward would beat the hell out of andre dirrell. i think he might get a stoppage for once. he'd take the speed away and cut off the ring and dirrell would fold mentally and start getting beat up.
    i dont think they will ever fight. it's not like theres some huge PPV fortune in it if they do, and there probably never will be. and dirrell's team already worked their way out of the fight when it was scheduled.

two good and prime american fighters. it only makes sense that they should fight.

Comment

• Argenis Mendez takes him

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
        People didn't really take Floyd as being "the truth" until he went up against threats like Corrales and Castillo at that point in his career. When Broner faces and handles guys who many consider elite and threats to beat him, then he may be on his way. But I don't think adopting Floyd's style and confidence automatically will make him that.

Floyd's been doing what he did to Perez vs much better opposition for a long time in multiple weight classes in major fights. So Broner has some catching up to do.

Potential? Yes. Too early to proclaim? Yes.
        This is true to an extent. I really didn't take Mayweather seriously until he beat Manfreddy.

I thought Mayweather was going to be like his 2 uncles and father; someone who's last name carried weight, but career was so-so.

Comment

• lololololol at Broner being fighter of the decade

Any way the favorites as of right now are Andre Ward & Abner Mares. Both er in their 20s and have multiple resume wins already this decade

Comment

• No he won't this dude is an overrated chump that is in a division with nobody to fight. He was already gifted a decision against old ass slow Ponce De Leon, and he will eventually get exposed!

Comment

• He is definitely supremely talented. I think he is at the forefront of the new generation. We will see if he stays motivated and working hard.

Comment

• LMFAAOOO...

Donaire already a 4 division champ and p4p top 10 all this decade has a better chance than broner. Andre Ward is off to a better start than broner also has a better chance than broner.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  He is definitely supremely talented. I think he is at the forefront of the new generation. We will see if he stays motivated and working hard.

the trump card is how well he markets himself

i want to see him again inside and and outside of the ring. he's a charismatic guy

Comment

• I dont like the guy,but he sure is talented,i can see him going a very long way

Still agree with some of the other guys in here,Ward is the truth imo

Comment

• Any else find the idea of Broner being the fighter of the decade incredibly scary and depressing?

He was out-boxed by PONCE DE LEON about 4 fights ago. PONCE DE LEON.

His last opponent looked like he belonged 3 weight classes below him.

The one before that was one of the worst opponents I can remember for a BAD feature fight I can remember.

What is going on here?

Comment

Working...
                      X