• Boxing now for the UK

It's surely over big time for us fans.

ITV: Will have no bxoing in future
    BBC: Have no plans for boxing and have not shown any in years
    Setanta: Only real channel that backed boxing is gone
    Eurosport: Only show crap from France & other countries
    Sky: Seem only interested in PPV fights now
    ESPN: Have signed no boxing up

We have nothing, disappointed ESPN have announced no boxing and instead gone for UFC which i hate. I for one will not be getting ESPN. I look forward to when this channel collapses.

If i had the money, i would buy out Channel 5 and turn it into our version of HBO. Bxoing does draw in big numbers, especially if on normal TV.

We need a boxing only channel, without it we will see no major fights unless paying £15 a pop to Sky.

On another side note, what is happening with Steve Bunce?

Is he gone for good? Shame as enjoyed the coevrage on Setanta.

One last hope for us is rumours of Setanta coming back, if so they might pick the boxing back up since they lost football.

I think HBO should launch a UK TV station and show all their US fights that they have over here and get some domestic cards. I dont know the legalities of all this but as they have the rights to the US fights already, they could use our money to pay for the domestic cards.

Whats the story with ESPN, do u have to pay extra for it on sky or is it included. I already have sky sports, and dont mind UFC so if i can get it for what im already paying i wont mind.

Comment

Ginger £9 a month ESPN is. Can order it via the red button on your SKY box. It's a monthly contract so can cancel anytime.

Comment

9 quid nah feck that. I'll watch the UFC at my mates place then.

Comment

And the Yanks think they have it bad....

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
            And the Yanks think they have it bad....
            Its a bleak situation and frustrating times to be honest. Some top fights coming up and no channel to show them. I'd rather Sky Sports returned to the good old days. I always used to enjoy their coverage with Paul Dempsey and Barry McGuigan but it's all died out now. Maybe Frank Warren can launch a new TV channel or something, although it will be limited to showing his fighters and he doesn't need one really because he can sell rubbish fights to Sky for PPV coverage.

It is not looking good.

Comment

There's next to nothing on man , bad.All we'll end up with is the domestic fights.The next fight that's on sky is the Simpson Truscott fight and that's not till the 4th September.Then on the 11th it's Gary Davis Ian Napa and Tyson Fury John McDermott.That look's pretty much it till November.We need more world champions from this side of the world

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                I think HBO should launch a UK TV station and show all their US fights that they have over here and get some domestic cards. I dont know the legalities of all this but as they have the rights to the US fights already, they could use our money to pay for the domestic cards.

Whats the story with ESPN, do u have to pay extra for it on sky or is it included. I already have sky sports, and dont mind UFC so if i can get it for what im already paying i wont mind.
                HBO do have a cable channel in South America but they don't show any of their sport. So hopefully if we got HBO we would get the sport too. Can't see it happening though, they'll just continue to sell their TV shows to the likes of ITV2 and FX.

I always had a feeling ESPN wouldn't show any boxing, I thought they might show Friday Night Fights live or a day or 2 later but I knew they wouldn't invest much else. Which is a mistake in my opinion, Boxing (and UFC I guess) is the reason why Setanta lasted as long as they did. They spent stupid amounts of money on Football when Football fans just resented them for taking football away from Sky Sports (which they were already paying for) whereas us Boxing fans loved Setanta for bringing us fights that otherwise probably wouldn't have made UK Television.

Now it's the worse time for boxing we've ever seen and at the moment I can't see who's gonna pick up from where Setanta left off. I'd like to see ITV start their own ITV Sport subscription channel because at the moment they feel that boxing is too expensive and thats why they're dropping it but if they started a sports channel for like £9.99 a month they could show us more UK boxing, stuff like the Super Six Tournament and some US fights such as stuff like Bradley-Campbell/Witter-Alexander from last night.

ITV also have good ties with Hennessey Sports and Frank Warren who i'm sure would do all they could to help make it happen cos they'd want to get more of their shows onto TV. I would love to see something like that come along, especially as I prefer ITV's boxing coverage to Sky's.

Comment

Has the middleweight tourny, not on any british channels?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
                    HBO do have a cable channel in South America but they don't show any of their sport. So hopefully if we got HBO we would get the sport too. Can't see it happening though, they'll just continue to sell their TV shows to the likes of ITV2 and FX.

I always had a feeling ESPN wouldn't show any boxing, I thought they might show Friday Night Fights live or a day or 2 later but I knew they wouldn't invest much else. Which is a mistake in my opinion, Boxing (and UFC I guess) is the reason why Setanta lasted as long as they did. They spent stupid amounts of money on Football when Football fans just resented them for taking football away from Sky Sports (which they were already paying for) whereas us Boxing fans loved Setanta for bringing us fights that otherwise probably wouldn't have made UK Television.

Now it's the worse time for boxing we've ever seen and at the moment I can't see who's gonna pick up from where Setanta left off. I'd like to see ITV start their own ITV Sport subscription channel because at the moment they feel that boxing is too expensive and thats why they're dropping it but if they started a sports channel for like £9.99 a month they could show us more UK boxing, stuff like the Super Six Tournament and some US fights such as stuff like Bradley-Campbell/Witter-Alexander from last night.

ITV also have good ties with Hennessey Sports and Frank Warren who i'm sure would do all they could to help make it happen cos they'd want to get more of their shows onto TV. I would love to see something like that come along, especially as I prefer ITV's boxing coverage to Sky's.
                    if u havent already read about this u will be pleased. Rumours going around itv are gonna have a subscription channel

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...t=subscription

Comment

Working...
                    X