Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys put ggg on a pedestal don't you...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
    That's the thing. GGG lost a close fight to a very good middleweight but his fanbase keep rationalising why GGG won and not acknowledging Danny's performance and flaws he revealed in their hero. He's human, it's fine! Lol
    Dannys performance? He got hit more, and at a higher rate than GGG. What is so special about his performance?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      did hagler, monzon and hopkins never have any close fights in there careers?
      Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
      Difference is they had quality wins too. Golovkin doesn't. He was hyped on the "eye test", he failed the "eye test" last night.
      Basically how I was going to reply but LOLffler did it for me. Those guys fought consistently at a high level, at least half a dozen B level fighters each, and at least a few HOFers near or in their prime.

This is the first time Golovkin has stepped up to B level and he went life and death, so until proven otherwise he has been severely overrated and doesn't belong in the same breath as those aforementioned names, not yet, and for my money not ever.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Basically how I was going to reply but LOLffler did it for me. Those guys fought consistently at a high level, at least half a dozen B level fighters each, and at least a few HOFers near or in their prime.

This is the first time Golovkin has stepped up to B level and he went life and death, so until proven otherwise he has been severely overrated and doesn't belong in the same breath as those aforementioned names, not yet, and for my money not ever.
        So Hagler, Hops and Monzon never had tough fights against a top ranked comtender? Thats what you are saying, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
          So Hagler, Hops and Monzon never had tough fights against a top ranked comtender? Thats what you are saying, right?
          Thats not what I have written at all is it? My post isn't written in code, if you actually read the words champ.

GGG's best win by a mile is a highly controversial decision over Jacobs. Any respectable boxing fan/historian will not put him in the same breath as those guys.

GGG is racking up good numbers in terms of defences but the quality is sorely lacking, and they all fought duds in their title reigns and they all had tough fights, difference is GGG doesn't yet have the quality yet. But based on last night he won't get them, he is just not in that league. Nothing wrong with that. As I said plenty of times before he is a B level fighter with A+ power.

Unless Canelo runs into something - he will take that guy apart, mark my words. Will that make Canelo one of the best middleweights ever? Not at all - just an elite well rounded fighter - I have never felt Golovkin is special, even before last night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Fights are scored by rounds won, not total punches landed or punch volume. You can out punch someone but lose more rounds and thus lose the fight. You can get 3 knockdowns and lose the fight.
            That's true but with the kd, for Jacobs to win, he needed 8 rounds?

Did he clearly win 8 rounds? In many judges eyes, the challenger needs to take a round off the champion.

Did Jacobs do enough for that in some rounds? Probably not because there was a punch or 2 difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              Is that how it works on here, if it goes to a decision that means he loses and is exposed?Why's everyone so shocked that the 2nd best fighter at middleweight didn't get sparked out? Never knew that landing 50 more shots and a knockdown meant you lost the fight, I learn something new everyday on this forum lol. Bunch of ******s on here, no-one outside of this forum is disputing the decision
              I had ggg winning by 1 point, to me is a fight that could have gone either way, you wont hear robbery from me, but you and the rest of the golovkids were nowhere to be found on the RBR threads...

Comment

Jacobs is a bum and B-level fighter because it fits the narrative to decredit GGG as a bum

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post

Did he clearly win 8 rounds? In many judges eyes, the challenger needs to take a round off the champion.

Did Jacobs do enough for that in some rounds? Probably not because there was a punch or 2 difference.
                  Jacobs could win 7-5 and win by 1 or with the kd. I had him winning. It was very close and I am not claiming a robbery or anything like that. If you have ggg winning (based on the fight not race and nationality) I can understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post

No he doesn't, he needs 7 rounds. They were both champions as well, even if GGG is seen as THE man I don't agree with your theory, a boxing round is scored on its own merit...PERIOD.

Everyone keeps talking about compubox as well, which I never pay too much attention too, its been totally inaccurate on far too many occasions to hold much water, but if you want to look at the numbers, people are putting the emphasis on total connects, but ignoring the fact that Jacobs landed significantly more power shots overall, and broken down by round.

I don't have a problem with the decision - to me it could have been 7-5 either way, but you have to look at everything impartially to get a true picture.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                      Jacobs is a bum and B-level fighter because it fits the narrative to decredit GGG as a bum
                      Please refer to the poll which was voted by everyone on here before the fight. The overwhelming vote was between B/B+, which is about right. No one is calling him a bum, quit crying.

Comment

Working...
                      X