Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do boxing promoters schedule big fights on massive UFC weekends?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Boxing fans gonna watch boxing and ufc fana gonna watch ufc.
    Casuals will watch the free event on CBS.
    exactly..not sure why people keep acting like they are the same sport

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
      Woodley Thompson is not really a big fight a la Conor or Ronda though. I would agree scheduling Garcia-Thurman on one of those dates is stupid, but Woodley-Thompson is prob a 250K buy event at best. Don't get me wrong, I like UFC as well, but this isn't a big weekend for UFC..

Conor not back til at least late this year. Ronda more than likely retired for good. The UFC doesnt just sit by and do poor numbers until one of them is back purely because they are 1mil + draws.

209 does more than 250k, by a fair margin. Lord strike me down if I am wrong but if Miocic vs Overeem did 450k then I think im safe.

I'm not going to disagree with the statement of Ronda or conor being bigger draws.. but Im not going to go into the realms of Big fights solely being ones including those two fighters either.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        Boxing fans gonna watch boxing and ufc fana gonna watch ufc.
        Casuals will watch the free event on CBS.
        There are some people who like both boxing and MMA. I personally am going to start in the afternoon with the entirety of the Haye vs Bellew card and then that should end right about the time the UFC prelims start and then I'm going to two screen watch the UFC main card and Thurman vs Garcia card on CBS.

Comment

Not everybody is going to PAY for what is honestly a AVERAGE UFC PPV Card overall, not only that but the boxing card is FREE on CBS and it starts 2 Hours before UFC PPV Starts and will be finished before the UFC Main Card event starts! Thurman vs Garcia should do just fine! I will be watching BOTH for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
            Not really. UFC 209 isn't a big deal. Khabib - Ferguson is a big fight for hardcore MMA fans, casuals couldn't care less. The main event is also pretty ho-hum for a PPV. Plus Garcia-Thurman is free, it won't impact the boxing numbers much, if at all..
            haha woodly Thomson is going to be fireworks. it's a damn good card.

Comment

I'll watch both... it's makes no difference to me

Comment

TBH UFC don't even start there main fights till after 8 30 Pacific time and that's usually the time boxing finishes and their main event doesn't usually start till almost 10 so you can actually watch both.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  Because they dont give a **** about the UFC??? boxing fans have no damn idea about the UFC..i for damn sure dont
                  Speak for yourself. I know plenty of fans of both sports.

Comment

they want to take away PPV buys. it's a much easier decision to turn on fox and watch for free. they want to be the easy option to get people to not buy the fight.

they rarely go up against each other with PPVS from what i can see. it's usually a free card counterprogramming a major PPV. and i 100% see the value in that. i'd do it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
                      Speak for yourself. I know plenty of fans of both sports.
                      Exactly, I love both. Sometimes i;m torn on what under cards to watch

Comment

Working...
                      X