Where do you rate Sergey Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    terrible footwork
    You mean he doesn't run from his opponents?

That's a strength, not a weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Footwork -- something euros are inherently bad at I dont know what it is....no rythm I guess ; not all of them but its prominent in their breed...footwork as in the right side of the brain needs to tell this caveman that he needs to place his lead foot first and slide the backfoot afterward but this neanderthal hops on one leg across the ring trying to jab his opponent...hahahaha!

Comment

Footwork -- something euros are inherently bad at I dont know what it is....no rythm I guess ; not all of them but its prominent in their breed...footwork as in the right side of the brain needs to tell this caveman that he needs to place his lead foot first and slide the backfoot afterward but this neanderthal hops on one leg across the ring trying to jab his opponent...hahahaha!
        You shouldn't compare European boxers to Neanderthals, that the equivalent of comparing sub-Saharan African boxers to **** Erectus Africanus.
        Last edited by The Hammer; 08-14-2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

You're painting yourself as an idiot and a complete casual with these types of comments.

Comment

A+...near elite, possibly elite.

Comment

Its hard to consider a guy that won his first world title at the age of 30 'A+' : Typically 'A+' that is reserved for fighters that been doing it since their younger days ; Im talking about a decade of dominance Multi-weight champion...you know that Chocolatito......dat Olympic Gold Medalist from da Yay Area -- S.O.G....and another thing beating young hungry lions is a measuring stick for the elite.....I mean hahaha ( had to pause laughing as I type this)....look B-Hop is just a name of Kovalevs resume and keeping it real his best win is Jean Pascal whos best days in the sport were in 2010-2011 at LHW with wins over a younger Bernard Hopkins and Lineal champion Chad Dawson.....so Im going to give Kovalev a solid B +.

Lastly Kovalev has been fighting the top of his division since 2013 but where was he in 2008? 2007? 2006? -- NOT EVEN A PRO.....a man....CHOCOLATITO ; TMT...SOG...you know what it is.

BKM- you are a coward and racist ; you cant refute anything I said and didnt have the balls to confront me if you felt some type of way in what I believe...so you resort to red-k and trying to hurt my feelings -- what bothers me is a b*tch move...be a man about it come out and tell the world that you hate black people you F@G.

Comment

In the context of today's state of affairs I have him all-round as an A. Skill wise, I'm not entirely sold. I have his physical and mental attributes compensating for his craft which I'd put at a B.

As an indication of his skill set far too much is made of the Hopkins win. Before he stepped through the ropes with Kovalev, Bernard was denigrating Sergei's former opponents for not firing back, for not punching with him, for not landing disruptive shots in the midst of his attack. He saw it as a lack of craft. He looked at Kovalev's mistakes and he believed he could capitalise on them in a way that his former opponents couldn't.

Then he got clipped early on. That's when he understood that it wasn't necessary a lack of craft that had stopped those that had tried before him from exploiting Sergei's flaws. He was too heavy handed for them, and he was too heavy handed for Bernard.

Once he felt his power, he couldn't afford to punch with him, to stand in the pocket and disrupt Kovalev's work. Hopkins was outboxed because he couldn't risk boxing the way that he wanted. He couldn't step to him so he was reduced to setting traps in the hope that Sergei would walk on to shots. He got a wry smile in return. Devoid of any other options he went into survival mode.

Don't get me wrong in terms of craft Sergei's no slouch but it isn't his boxing ability that makes him an A level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                  Hopkins is an ATG and Pascal is likely a HOF'er. He will probably have another win over an ATG in Ward soon. Beating two ATG's is something that even a lot of ATG's themselves can't say.
                  Go fcuk yourself you racist ****

Comment

He's devastating. A+ fighter.

Comment

Kovalev has great footwork, watch his in-out movement. He can box on the backfoot too, although you don't see it much because he's so powerful.

Hating on European boxers is lame. If Sergey beats Ward, I hope you give him the credit he is due.

Comment

Working...
                      X