No announcement yet.

Pacman being protected by top rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    If one judge could've counted properly then Manny would've won the 1st fight.

Manny won the 2nd there's no dispute.

Now we have the 3rd fight. It wasn't a 'robbery' it could've gone either way and I personally think it should've been a draw.

4 Manny was finally winning and got wreckless then ktfo. I'm not making any excuses. My boy got iced

If I remeber correctly, I recall hearing that judges usually never score a round worse than 10-7. Could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Because Juan and Floyd have the same style of counter punching right?
      Which one is better counter puncher? Marques takes hits to counter. Floyd counters while taking no damage. PAC could barely catch Bradley clean and u think he could touch Floyd often? Please use your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        i know they wont admit it but its still funny to see them scrumble with excuses. bob wont put manny in with floyd in fear of manny losing even though we dont know for sure whos gonna win so instead bob will just take the easy way out and throw manny in with a guy who always gives him problems and have the potential to even beat him! lol.. makes a lot of snese right?
        Its not just about losing, its about profit generated. Look at what happened after manny lost to JMM? His next fight sold less than 450k ppv's. He had been averaging well above 800k. Also not how the 4th JMM fight sold fewer than the 3rd did-perhaps the number was affected by Manny "losing" to Tim.

He aso had not lost to JMM the 1st 3 fights. You are aware there is a big difference between winning a close fight and losing a fight.

You are also overlooking (or ignoring) the fact that Manny was favored to beat JMM each time while he would be the underdog against floyd.

Maybe if you actually thought about this and used all the information available you might see another perspective. Instead, you cosign someone who logs on and says floyd fans have the avergae IQ of a ****roach.

Is that really a poster you consider to be knowledgeable or someone you want to be agreeing with?
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-15-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

so he doesnt care if pac win or lose then? because pac vs bradley is a close fight that some will argue, but how come we didnt see a rematch like what ur trying to say with pac vs marquez 1,2,3,4.
          I think he cares about profit more than manny winning. But you are taking the point to the extreme to argue it back which is silly.

Look, you don't have to agree bob is protecting manny. You can look at fights with bigger guys and say this proves he isn't.

You can also look at the lack of a floyd fight, not opting to fight zahir raheem but choosing to fight david diaz, and the always lovely "Yuri Foreman (boxer with movement who fights from the outside) is too tall at 5'11 whie Margs (stand in front plodder) at 5'11 isn't too tall" reasoning from Bob and get a different perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Maybe if you actually thought about this and used all the information available you might see someone els's point. Instead, you cosign someone who logs on and says floyd fans have the avergae IQ of a ****roach.

Is that really a poster you consider to be knowledgeable or someone you want to be agreeing with?
            Yeah I kinda feel bad about that post in retrospect.

C0ckroach was actually a little too generous.

Comment

I don't make threads much but I'm puzzled when the Floyd fans say bob doesn't want to throw manny in with Floyd because he wants to protect his best Investment. I don't get this, manny is not an undefeated fighter, manny have losses on his records even been ko more than once.

So if bob is trying to protect manny why would bob make PAC fight the only guy to give him problems, 4 times!!?? Marquez is the only guy to give PAC problems or in other words "exposed" him, now why would bob throw manny in with Marquez 4 times if he's trying to protect manny's image?? Discuss!!
              Arum is not trying to keep Pacquaio from Mayweather because he is afraid Pac will lose. He is keeping Pacquaio from Mayweather because Arum is afraid that he (Arum) will lose out on the more than $100 million that the fight would generate. If Pac fights Mayweather, it will likely generate $300 million in PPV sales (about $50 million more than what Mayweather/Alvarez made). Of that amount, the cable companiies will keep half, leaving $150 million left. Based on what Mayweather has offered lately, Pac would get no more than $40-$50 million of that and would have to give Arum 27 percent of his purse. That would leave Mayweather with the remaining $100 million. Arum is not going to allow any of his fighters to participate in a fight in which he (Arum) doesn't get to keep 70 percent of the money. That is why he is keeping Pac away from Mayweather and that is why he only allows his fighters to fight other Top Rank fighters.

Comment

a rematch has to be made? fair enough, but why 4 times then? explain. and since when do we get to see rematch thats suppose to be made right away? u make it seem like since that fight was close a rematch needed to be made right away when we know this is never the case. now marquez outperform manny unexpectedly, all 4 times though? LOL!! u would think they'll stop pitting manny in with marquez after the 2nd fight if they were trying to "protect" manny.
                They put Manny in with JMM 3 and 4 because Marquez was supposed to be an easy fight at WW. Still undersized @ WW. Attempted Cherry pick gone wrong. It wasn't because OMFG Marquez is Gorreella. You didnt think JMM would do anything but lose at WW anyway - and now that Manny got brained you wanna spin it and act like "Oh they throw Manny to the Wolves every time out!". GTFO with that **** boy.

Comment

Working...
                X