Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do British referees stop fights too early?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do British referees stop fights too early?

Takam was having success against a clearly tired Joshua but Takam gets stunned for a few seconds and the fight is stopped?

Like Howard foster stopping the Carl Froch-Groves fight and so many of Calzaghes fights in the UK were stopped the moment the opponent got slightly rocked.

Is this a trend amongst UK refeeres? Like come on give Takam a chance, hes fighting for the heavyweight championship and you stop it the moment he gets rocked.
    Ruined a good fight
    Last edited by SugarRayCurtain; 10-28-2017, 05:20 PM.

That ref was a Joshua fan, gave Joshua a rest by calling for the doctor the round before too.

Comment

I think he didn't like a windy AJ being in there with a guy who could still throw punches so he stopped it. I'm all about protecting boxers but Takam was fine to continue.

Comment

All of this ****ting on British refs... Go back and watch Calzaghe vs Manfredo and tell me with a straight face that the ref didn't save a mans life that night. That's the gold standard of UK reffing.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          Like Howard foster stopping the Carl Froch-Groves fight and so many of Calzaghes fights in the UK were stopped the moment the opponent got slightly rocked.
          Well yeah, look at it this way, If the ref stopped the fight on the basis of how hurt Groves was (not much), then Froch should have been pulled out in the first round.

Go look at a lot of Joshua's first 10 fights, a lot of those stoppages was the ref jumping in as soon as AJ landed a flurry.

Comment

Eddie hearn paid off to keep that 100% ko percentage

Comment

Got to ask yourself too if the stop the fight early equally to British fighters.

Comment

My theory is it's bias, plain and simple. The refs are rooting for their fellow countrymen.

The thing about the UK is that it's a small island, heavily condensed, everyone knows everyone. The refs, their friends, family, etc. they're all rooting for the star and boxing is one of their biggest sports. I'm sure they'd get a ton of shyt for not being biased.

I mean it barely takes 16 hours to go from the top to the bottom of the entire UK, you can drive for 14 hours and still be in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  All of this ****ting on British refs... Go back and watch Calzaghe vs Manfredo and tell me with a straight face that the ref didn't save a mans life that night. That's the gold standard of UK reffing.
                  Another one.
                  UK referees who have had a history of early stoppages shouldnt be allowed to referee big fights, it ruins the event.

Howard foster should be fired and the guy refereeing tonight should be fired too

LMAO listening to Paulie now insinuating the referee was subconsciously bias because he probably knows Joshua and hes from the UK, the showtime crew quick to change the subject.
                  Paulie has a loud mouth but hes a realist and I think hes bang on here
                  Last edited by SugarRayCurtain; 10-28-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I'm british and I agree, there was a risk AJ could of completely gassed out and also the marketing of his 100% KO record is getting half the interest from the casuals. Sky love talking about his power yet since the competition has been stepping up its mostly been ref stoppages even Wlad could of ridden out the rest of the round

Comment

Working...
                    X