Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Orlando Salido the last of a generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Orlando Salido the last of a generation?

In this generation of primadonnas, who act like they are entitled to a big pay days without fighting the best, picking up millions of dollars to fight c- level guy's.

Salido will never stay down after getting KD, he will never give up, he will never duck anyone.

He fought the best and shown the heart of a warrior despite lacking world class skills.

Can you think of anyone else?

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    In this generation of primadonnas, who act like they are entitled to a big pay days without fighting the best, picking up millions of dollars to fight c- level guy's.

Salido will never stay down after getting KD, he will never give up, he will never duck anyone.

He fought the best and shown the heart of a warrior despite lacking world class skills.

Can you think of anyone else?
    Dude's definitely a warrior.

I don't care who dude's fighting, I'm watching.

There aint a lot of dudes like that no more. That's why we need boxing to be more like (and I hate to say this) MMA. No more ducking.

I respect his 13 losses more than I respect a lot of dude's zeros, straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      Dude's definitely a warrior. I respect his 13 losses more than I respect a lot of dude's zeros, straight up.
      Sums everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
        Sums everything up.
        for real.

I dont even think ' that fight could be a possibile foty'

its pretty much guaranteed with salido.

I think the Muira fight will actually be better than the vargas fight, i see multiple KD's for both fighters in this one

Comment

Salido and Wlad are the "last of a generation" in the sense that they both turned pro in 1996.

I would say that Siri's approach to the sport makes him the "last of a dying breed". Too many top fighters---and their teams---have become risk averse, but that was NEVER the case with Salido. It's not just his approach, but the fact that he's done it the hard way without losing or stinking out the joint against every big opponent. He's done the opposite: anytime Salido fights, it's a good chance that a war will break out.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 10-06-2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

He is like a throw back fighter. He has a lot of loses because he faces the top.

Unlike some of these superstars that are just popular because they have a promotional machine backing them up.

Look how popular Brook is and he has only one good close win

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
              Dude's definitely a warrior.

I don't care who dude's fighting, I'm watching.

There aint a lot of dudes like that no more. That's why we need boxing to be more like (and I hate to say this) MMA. No more ducking.

I respect his 13 losses more than I respect a lot of dude's zeros, straight up.
              Those chicks are hot!

Comment

Great post dude. Siri is absolutely a warrior - he's been putting himself in wars for years.

A prime example of not reading too much into W-L records - even with double digit losses, this guy commands more respect than a lot of fighters who have built powderpuff records.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                  Those chicks are hot!
                  Anastasia Yankova.

I don't even care if she can't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Salido and Wlad are the "last of a generation" in the sense that they both turned pro in 1996.

I would say that Siri's approach to the sport makes him the "last of a dying breed". Too many top fighters---and their teams---have become risk averse, but that was NEVER the case with Salido. It's not just his approach, but the fact that he's done it the hard way without losing or stinking out the joint against every big opponent. He's done the opposite: anytime Salido fights, it's a good chance that a war will break out.
                    that's what i mean lol.

Im sorry to siri but i think muira will get off the canvas and beat salido.

hope im wrong, but damn all that punishment gotta catch up to you in the end....surely??

Comment

Working...
                    X