Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool season starts in Vegas in April. I plan on going Cinco de Drinko weekend. Time to start cutting the bulk muscle to lean muscle! Got a new pre-workout called RUSH by TriPharm. Its the bizzness, great pumps, massive amount of energy & complete focus. Heavy weights & 45mins of cardio daily should do it!
    Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 03-01-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• I completely changed my lifting program to a concurrent periodization program, and absolutely love it. I'll probably never change my program up ever again.

Anyone else have any experience using this style of programming?

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        I completely changed my lifting program to a concurrent periodization program, and absolutely love it. I'll probably never change my program up ever again.

Anyone else have any experience using this style of programming?
        Please elaborate Addix?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Please elaborate Addix?
          It's just another way to build muscle/strength.

I believe a lot of it's theories come from the west side method.

I've tried German volume training, bro splits, multiple power lifting programs, PPL, 2 groups a day, all of that crap.

Concurrent periodazation I've found to be far better for adding size and strength. Concurrent basically means you do one day on intensity and one day of volume per week full body training each session.

The 3rd day is accessory day mostly with some weighted cardio or something like that.

Periodozation means that depending on what your weaknesses and strengths are you will rotate and change the focus of your lifts every 3 weeks or so depending on your goals

German volume training was Phenominal, but that only works once a year. 5 day bro splits is the worst way to work out ever, I cant believe how much time I wasted woth that crap, PPL makes very little sense, power lofting programs are great if your a power lifter, but most lifters like myself aren't competitive power lifters.

Most lifters want to add size and strength, look good but also be strong, Conc periodazation is perfect for that.

Comment

• Skipped the gym yesterday. The boys had to meet up for sparring late and I got overwhelmed with BS before. Anyways, Ive been real sore implementing a semi new program, 12rds (1 minute breaks) of weightlifting while walking uphill on the treadmill. I also added a resistance band while on the no impact run. I feel great afterwards, the endorphins after 1 of these workouts is phenomenal, the problem has been the recovery but 5 more weeks til vegas!!!

Comment

• Cutting this weight is kicking my ass

Comment

• 3 days til vegas. Puffier than I wanted to be but I may take some water pills to take it away. The beer has been hard to resist on the weekends or Id feel better about vegas. Cant wait to go regardless.

Comment

• Very nice thread. The heart of a Champion is the man's greatest gift.

Comment

• First time posting in this thread. I'm running a marathon October 1st. The peak of my training program was about 1.5 weeks ago when I had a 20 mile run. I've still been trying to get some good strength training in throughout the marathon training, but the program I'm following requires a lot of running so it's hard to find much spare time/energy.

Either way, it's a rewarding process training really hard to prepare yourself for something challenging. The idea of running a marathon actually started sounding cool to me when I heard Lamont Peterson took up running marathons & half marathons during his couple of year layoff he had.

Comment

• Good and I love them

Comment

Working...
                      X