Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Crawford is Boxing's Best Fighter, Pound-for-Pound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's right. Crawford has the best case for #1 P4P today.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
      I would put Crawford at the top of the list and he would have total control over it if he can beat Spence Jr., just like Ward had a solid hold on it when he beat Kov and GGG or Canelo probably could of got if their fight didn't end in a draw. Crawford did not have anyone on the P4P list to put him at #1 without debate, but he did at least clear out a division. My list so far:

1. Crawford
      2. Loma
      3. Spence
      4. Kov
      5. Rigo

Rigo is debatable because of age and inactivity and could be replaced by Canelo or GGG. Kov lost two in a row to the previous #1 P4P and didn't look overmatched. He could also he replaced by Cabell/GGG. Spence is very dominate and more than handled Brook. Loma has been clowning opponents, probably even moreso than Rigo and a win tomorrow may elevate him to #1 on my opinion list, until Crawford can get some good dominate wins at 147 or if he beats Thurman and/or Spence. Crawford is daring to be great and instead of staying at 140 and dominate that division for years to come, he's moved to 147 and appears to be willing to fight anybody, including Spence..... It's hard for me to add any heavyweights to the list. I'm a fan from the 80's and it just seem like the heavy's back then we're so much more skilled and dedicated to the sport.
      KOV just got stopped by a 168 WARD who moved up to 175 to take his crown.

LOMO loss in his 1st 9 fights.

That disqualifies them from any top 5 spot.

I'm not hating, I'm just stating.

Comment

How can any of u put LOMO ahead of THURMAN?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I don't think anyone is disputing that. But if everyone is the same weight class and they fight each other, Crawford IMHO would be number 1......Thats what P4P means, obviously we would have to see him prove that as he goes up in weight.
          I disagree with this of Rigo and Loma were Crawford's natural weight they would beat him because they have superior defense

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
            I disagree with this of Rigo and Loma were Crawford's natural weight they would beat him because they have superior defense
            That’s why the P4P list is subjective. I respect your opinion but disagree with the outcome, I think Crawford beats both if they were both the same weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Commie View Post
              Lamchenko is hating on 3G for some reason
              Loma said that ggg fought like a stupid against canelo. I think Loma starts to hate ggg after canelo fight, like me. I hate ggg for going after canelo like a beggar. In my opinion he should forget canelo and beat Charlo, if he wants to be a great boxer. But ggg prefers money....

Comment

I think Crawford has the best case now but his margins are not very wide ahead of the pack.
                140 was a weak division and Postol is his best win.
                You can see the kid is a great fighter and when fights Elite welterweights is when we see what cloth he is made from.
                Now he's almost always the bigger man, longer reach, let's see how good he looks at welterweight when he's fighting top quality opposition that are the same size as him or even bigger.
                That will be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  That’s why the P4P list is subjective. I respect your opinion but disagree with the outcome, I think Crawford beats both if they were both the same weight.
                  Crawford does not have their defense, speed, footwork, and he cannot create the angles they can. Please, explain to me how he would beat both of them when they have superior advantages

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    Crawford does not have their defense, speed, footwork, and he cannot create the angles they can. Please, explain to me how he would beat both of them when they have superior advantages
                    I actually had to laugh at this. He beats them both on defence, speed, footwork, angles. Am a massive Loma fan, and so so on Rigo but to claim they both have all those advantages over Crawford is ridiculous at best. And he has that ring generalship that most boxers rarely have.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                      I think Crawford has the best case now but his margins are not very wide ahead of the pack.
                      140 was a weak division and Postol is his best win.
                      You can see the kid is a great fighter and when fights Elite welterweights is when we see what cloth he is made from.
                      Now he's almost always the bigger man, longer reach, let's see how good he looks at welterweight when he's fighting top quality opposition that are the same size as him or even bigger.
                      That will be interesting...
                      Crawford vs Spence would be an amazing fight! But I think Spence team will avoid Crawford. Crawford is too risky.

Comment

Working...
                      X