No announcement yet.

On This Day: Margarito scored tainted win over Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
    Have you even read the transcripts of the trial? the so called plaster was old gauze with trace amounts of calcium and sulfur(quan****** never specified) which could have been hand lotion....there's a reason Margarito got a slap in the wrist and comissions willing to sanction his fights after.

People felt them and said they weren't hard...the only one who said they were hard as bricks was Richardson....who was in the right protecting his fighter but is known to spew some hyperbole... I think margo was just cheating a way to get better grip and punch a bit more comfortable/harder, but plaster? lol...
    Please, we're not here to discuss ACTUAL proof. Take your great logic and proof and go.

Comment

Tony took shots and wore Cotto down. Ground him down.

Comment

cotto fought the wrong fight in there. even if there was some foul-play he wasn't stopping margs forward aggression.

i remember looking at my brother at the end of the 2nd round and telling him "cotto isn't winning this, he's expending too much energy staying away" .... that was based off of styles.

he do have the face of some bottom-rung type of a mfer to do something low rung like that, though.

... look at that street nigga ... keep sending us your criminals and rapists, mexico

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
          I think you may have prematurely shot your wad there with your indignation and laughing out loud.

Let me turn that question around for you: Have you even read my posts? . . . . plaster? lol

So Margarito gets a one year ban from the California State Athletic Commission for his wraps containing a plaster of Paris type substance that would harden as his hands sweated during the fight.

But your assertion is that Ol' Antonio was merely using a touch of Palmolive to give his hands a delightfully comfortable softness and so that he could get a grip?

No, I think he was using an illegal way of wraping his hands so he could feel more comfortable, and that included a pre-made pad of gauze that Nazeem found and made(justly) a ruckus about...like I said, the substance you call plaster-like was nothing if they don't disclose the quan****** in which they found the trace elements(trace should give you an idea of how low that could be)....especially since people who touched the pad said they weren't hard except for Richardson.

California comission had to do something since they're the idiots who approved the wrap before Nazeem found them. But it was a slap in the wrist since other comissions could license him anyway.

I aplogize if it seemed like I was attacking you, it was more like amusement/derision for the topic that came off wrong and seemed like an attack on you since i quoted you.

Even if it was fishier than that, there's still 0 real evidence that something happened against cotto.

Comment

The only controversy is that people are in denial about the hand wraps. It was proven and Margarito was suspended for it. He did his time for cheating but some followers still are unable accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              cotto fought the wrong fight in there. even if there was some foul-play he wasn't stopping margs forward aggression.

i remember looking at my brother at the end of the 2nd round and telling him "cotto isn't winning this, he's expending too much energy staying away" .... that was based off of styles.

he do have the face of some bottom-rung type of a mfer to do something low rung like that, though.

... look at that street nigga ... keep sending us your criminals and rapists, mexico
              Isn't Marg an American? Living in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                Have you even read the transcripts of the trial? the so called plaster was old gauze with trace amounts of calcium and sulfur(quan****** never specified) which could have been hand lotion....there's a reason Margarito got a slap in the wrist and comissions willing to sanction his fights after.

People felt them and said they weren't hard...the only one who said they were hard as bricks was Richardson....who was in the right protecting his fighter but is known to spew some hyperbole... I think margo was just cheating a way to get better grip and punch a bit more comfortable/harder, but plaster? lol...
                Yeah, I don't buy this idea that he had fists like stone from some substance he used. Clearly he did something wrong and was punished for it, though.

Comment

"Tainted" LMAO its hilarious how Cotto fans try to act like the handwrap controversy happened during the Margarito vs Cotto fight

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    Isn't Marg an American? Living in Mexico?
                    him and cotto both were born stateside and left back to mexico and pr.

baby-anchoring mf'ers the two of 'um.

Comment

There is no proof that Margs cheated this fight but many people will always believe he did because of how he looked against Shane when he got caught by Naseem.

Comment

Working...
                      X