Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 07-14-2019, 05:03 AM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
RossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,395.86
Default How many idiot referees are there in boxing?

Too many to count? I think so.

I'm preparing myself for my debut boxing match which is on 14th of September and I've just been watching white collar boxing fights from last night, I was actually supposed to be fighting on that fight night but got withdrawn as I was unable to sell 20+ tickets.

I'm currently doing another competition now and in my opinion, especially after watching multiple fights of last nights white collar this competition is at a more competitive level. It's mostly full of people that have fought before, nobody is unfit and there isn't anyone who's rubbish in it (unlike white collar where half of them didn't even use footwork.)

As I was getting bored of watching the videos from last night as I seen nothing impressive happening I decided to watch one more and there was a really disgusting decision win. Despite most of the first round (which he did win) I don't see how his hand was raised without the judges being biased in his favour, along with a ref that doesn't know a disqualification when he sees one.

The second and the third round definitely were won by the 'losing' boxer. Despite this being obvious to anyone with half a brain the so called winner spent rounds two and three turning his back whenever he got out struck which surely isn't allowed? There was no warnings given from what I could see and he did this four to five times, and each time he did it the ref gave him a little break to get himself back together and the commentator even shouted on the microphone to chant his name to give him some encouragement??

It was clear that he was gassed out, unfit and should have been left to be knocked out instead of getting let away with turning his back and having time outs.

What's interesting is that this boxer, if you can call him that has been brown nosing the organisation the past 8 weeks and has raised the most money. Did they give him the win so it could be a story for them?

All in all it's got me thinking about my fight, what could I do if something like this happens to me?

Any previous experience with cheating guys?
RossyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-14-2019, 05:56 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Longhaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,218.64

Sounds like some of these guys you maybe fighting the only way your going to win is if you knock fire out of their ass.
Longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:29 AM #3
Up and Comer

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
RossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond reputeRossyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,395.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
Sounds like some of these guys you maybe fighting the only way your going to win is if you knock fire out of their ass.
Is it usually like this in below amateur boxing? I thought there would be some professionalism shown, I mean I'm no ref but I'd know the basics on when to disqualify someone or call it a TKO.

One time they should probably be let off as they're a beginner but anything after twice is silly, never mind doing it 4 times, clearly used it to his advantage.

I'd honestly be tempted to move around them when they're hiding and continue punching them if the ref kept letting them do it. The guy escaped a knockout by using his back 4 times... lol. Hope I'm never put in that position.I'd be out raged.
RossyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:29 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Longhaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,218.64

That’s crazy turning your back as a defensive tool and a ref letting it happen.I like your idea moving around them and keep hitting them.
Longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing?, idiot, referees