Trying to improve my Cardio after recent sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to improve my Cardio after recent sparring

Hi all,
    I was sparring today in my club, and i got disappointed a bit.
    I mean technically i would say i'm good, i have a lot of different techniques i land punches few body shoots that made 1 guy take a knee, i'm not pro but technically i would say i have in my mind many ''weapons'' i know how to use and im always trying to learn new tricks from everywhere basically.

But when it comes to sparring i don't know why [I sparred 8 rounds for 2min with 30 seconds break and i could go even 2 more] It was more of technical but also intense. But in my club we only get to spar about 20 seconds which automatically puts me into mode ''you need to show your best you need to show everything you have'' which results i'm out of breath by 30 seconds my heart is pumping really really fast like its about to jump out. Also i think i'm a bit stressed ? not that im afraid of someone but more that coach watching and they picking people for competitive and i try to show my best etc and i think its just about mind game to trick it to calm my self down make it look as its regular stuff sparring.

Today we spar 1 min [I was able to calm my self a bit and i got used to it more after spending sometime trying to make my mind chill] worked after 1 min it was good but was a bit ''too excited'' didn't much heavy breath but i could tell im excited wanting to get back in ring and spar more.

Then we had about few min break for other people to spar and then i got to spar with 3 people 1 after another and last 3rd guy even tho i was barely breathing the coach didn't gave me any break and straight into sparring 3rd guy, i did good about 30 seconds and then i started feeling that my legs resist a bit im not as ''free'' moving jumping etc, it wasn't that my muscles hurt i did a lot of muscle endurance punching hundreds times and other exercises for long time, so it wasn't that my arms got weak it was something like from the inside my chest or upper body i couldn't throw quick punch as i could in 1st round, my arms were all good but i was just out of breath i think, i still had about 10% energy left as i never go full out as you never know when you will have to defend or punch back if someone going too much on you. And also forgot to say last 2 people i sparred with was really really intense because coach kept saying we dont have time to think amateurs get 3 rounds punch !! Quicker !! and to not punch single shot [ Which kind of annoys me because everyone just throw random shots because of the pressure from the coach where i like to keep it more calm and understand opponents movements and spotting weak points and using them against him setting up punches to land 1 more powerful but here the coach make it seem like we need to throw fast power punches all time rush rush rush] so the rounds were really intense it was really an amateur bout throwing punches a looottt which made me really gassed out not muscles but from the inside.

It was all good technically i would say and other coach said at the end it was good fight well done to both of you and also not that it was just me many guys who even sparred just 2 rounds that intense was nearly dead by the end of rounds heavy breathing but i dont wanna be everyone im just disappointed at my self.

I would want to somehow increase my cardio as i think this is the reason, i worked a lot on technique and ''soft'' technical sparring and muscle endurance i did cardio too but im guessing not enough.

Sorry btw for long post but lets come to the point.

What are the best ways to avoid it, so i can increase the amount of time i can go ''full out'' punch really often quick etc

I was thinking of swimming, its not so far away the pool from me, as i don't really enjoy running i mean i do i can run for long distances but im often getting a shin splint or more that i always have shin splint but its not always severe that i cant run but whenever i touch it hurts, and when i start running more then i get pulsating feeling and lot of pain there.

I also read a lot of articles just now about swimming vs running and overall swimming benefits on cardio etc but i would want to know a bit of your view on this topic and what would you recommend.

Thanks a lot for helping and reading my life story from today lol

Thanks again !
    Swimming
    0.00%
    Running
    40.00%
    Swimming and running [both]
    60.00%
    Other [Post in the thread]
    0.00%

Swimming and full court basketball should help get your stamina up...just alternate swim/basketball days...

Comment

Originally posted by i3arty View Post
      Hi all,
      I was sparring today in my club, and i got disappointed a bit.
      I mean technically i would say i'm good, i have a lot of different techniques i land punches few body shoots that made 1 guy take a knee, i'm not pro but technically i would say i have in my mind many ''weapons'' i know how to use and im always trying to learn new tricks from everywhere basically.

But when it comes to sparring i don't know why [I sparred 8 rounds for 2min with 30 seconds break and i could go even 2 more] It was more of technical but also intense. But in my club we only get to spar about 20 seconds which automatically puts me into mode ''you need to show your best you need to show everything you have'' which results i'm out of breath by 30 seconds my heart is pumping really really fast like its about to jump out. Also i think i'm a bit stressed ? not that im afraid of someone but more that coach watching and they picking people for competitive and i try to show my best etc and i think its just about mind game to trick it to calm my self down make it look as its regular stuff sparring.

Today we spar 1 min [I was able to calm my self a bit and i got used to it more after spending sometime trying to make my mind chill] worked after 1 min it was good but was a bit ''too excited'' didn't much heavy breath but i could tell im excited wanting to get back in ring and spar more.

Then we had about few min break for other people to spar and then i got to spar with 3 people 1 after another and last 3rd guy even tho i was barely breathing the coach didn't gave me any break and straight into sparring 3rd guy, i did good about 30 seconds and then i started feeling that my legs resist a bit im not as ''free'' moving jumping etc, it wasn't that my muscles hurt i did a lot of muscle endurance punching hundreds times and other exercises for long time, so it wasn't that my arms got weak it was something like from the inside my chest or upper body i couldn't throw quick punch as i could in 1st round, my arms were all good but i was just out of breath i think, i still had about 10% energy left as i never go full out as you never know when you will have to defend or punch back if someone going too much on you. And also forgot to say last 2 people i sparred with was really really intense because coach kept saying we dont have time to think amateurs get 3 rounds punch !! Quicker !! and to not punch single shot [ Which kind of annoys me because everyone just throw random shots because of the pressure from the coach where i like to keep it more calm and understand opponents movements and spotting weak points and using them against him setting up punches to land 1 more powerful but here the coach make it seem like we need to throw fast power punches all time rush rush rush] so the rounds were really intense it was really an amateur bout throwing punches a looottt which made me really gassed out not muscles but from the inside.

It was all good technically i would say and other coach said at the end it was good fight well done to both of you and also not that it was just me many guys who even sparred just 2 rounds that intense was nearly dead by the end of rounds heavy breathing but i dont wanna be everyone im just disappointed at my self.

I would want to somehow increase my cardio as i think this is the reason, i worked a lot on technique and ''soft'' technical sparring and muscle endurance i did cardio too but im guessing not enough.

Sorry btw for long post but lets come to the point.

What are the best ways to avoid it, so i can increase the amount of time i can go ''full out'' punch really often quick etc

I was thinking of swimming, its not so far away the pool from me, as i don't really enjoy running i mean i do i can run for long distances but im often getting a shin splint or more that i always have shin splint but its not always severe that i cant run but whenever i touch it hurts, and when i start running more then i get pulsating feeling and lot of pain there.

I also read a lot of articles just now about swimming vs running and overall swimming benefits on cardio etc but i would want to know a bit of your view on this topic and what would you recommend.

Thanks a lot for helping and reading my life story from today lol

Thanks again !
      I clicked swimming and running (alternate between sprint and distance days) but remember its boxing so you should be doing a minimum for 15mins of Jumprope daily too. Buy some resistance bands, ankle weights, and wrist weights and use them while you run...

Comment

Working...
      X