• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    would like to see mosley fight canelo.
    Way too early. I think Mosley KO's Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      When the articles says it has to "exclude a fight with pac", does it mean that if a fight with Pac was possible, then he would leave GBP and go to Top Rank just for that one fight?
      don't think jmm would leave GBP... just that GBP won't get to promote the rubbermatch with pac and possible not get a cut of any money considering GBP won't be promoting it.

Comment

top rank is closing in on golden boy. if they can get marquez then the rest; bradley, khan, & berto will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          When the articles says it has to "exclude a fight with pac", does it mean that if a fight with Pac was possible, then he would leave GBP and go to Top Rank just for that one fight?
          The promotional contract with GBP would have to have a clause saying that he may elect to deal with Top Rank personally only for a fight with Pacquiao.. All other fights would be promoted by GBP. If I were Marquez I would sign with DiBella, Warren or Shaw... in order to avoid the GBP vs Top Rank fallout. Or he can ask GBP to step aside for the Pacman fight. Marquez can fight a couple of guys... He can fight Judah (pending he win the title against Mabuza), Alexander, Bam Bam, or even Bradley would be a good fight.

Comment

he cant... im suspecting that jmm didnt want to fight morales in a lose-lose

situation in GBP's backyard we all know that morales wants the highlight again

and make that fight alive but jmm wants bigger money than that.. in order to

make a money with pacquiao, jmm has the desicion to make to jump over to

top rank than taking gbp again and take some risks fighting those at 140 guys

for gbp is greedy as hell wanted a jmm vs pac seems to me it will fade unless

jmm will take topranks offer and make that fight with pac and take that money

and retire if he loses..

Comment

Its a nice business move for Marquez, who knows the behind the scenes relationship between GBP and Marquez, if they are dangling small numbers at him to stay, why not get the same amount at TopRank and have the benefit of making the Pacman fight that much easier.

Sorry to say, I feel Marquez will move to TR.

Unless GBP throws BIG numbers at marquez and offers big name opponents, which right now GBP doesnt really have any in the lightweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by el rey View Post
                If Arum wasn't interested in promoting Mosley.....then why does he have an option on his next fight? I'm not talking about the rematch clause with Pacquiao, but he's talked about Mosley fighting Cintron, etc., sihtdamn, these promoters are seriously killing the passion.
                It's just a normal, sensible, business move on Arum's part. Assuming that Mosley does well against MannyP. and still wants to continue his career, Top Rank will have the OPTION of promoting him for it, perhaps even supplying an opponent, etc.

The same with Marquez who is also near the end of his career, if he does well against Manny P and wants to continue his career, and is still good enough to make good fights, then Top Rank may also wish to take an OPTION on his next fight, or so, from fight to fight, which will not OBLIGATE them to provide him with top PAYING opponents, which a contract for , say 2-3 years would contain.

As I said, just a good business decisiion by Arum, whom Oscar called a "senile old man" the other day.

If Oscar was in the same situation, with a really money spinner opponent like Manny P. signed to him, he'd do the same, assuming he was smart enough to think of it, which is not a GIVEN.

Comment

Originally posted by oj simpson View Post
                  top rank is closing in on golden boy. if they can get marquez then the rest; bradley, khan, & berto will follow.
                  Berto is under DiBella and Bradley is under Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Heebarican View Post
                    Berto is under DiBella and Bradley is under Shaw
                    not for long.

Comment

Nobody listens to Schaefer anymore cause everybody knows that Schaefer and
                      Golden Boy are bunch of liars.

Comment

Working...
                      X