Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Active boxer that would do good job in mma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
    yeah, but boxing and mma is in some way connected. My brother does Muay thai and for me it was natural to get some insight into the mechanics of boxing, same as my brother who wants to add some boxing skills into his game.

Im rather sure, that Andre Berto at least knows the basics and some more.
    I'd assume it as well, but I'm wondering if he has legit experience himself in competitive tournaments or whatever cuz thats a whole other thing & would drastically alter my opinion about him making this move vs him just rolling around with his bro or dad or what have you in his spare time.

Comment

How did Conor get embarrassed? He went ten rounds with the alleged TBE. If anything, it's an embarrassment for Floyd.

I would say Algieri comes closest to having crossover skills given his kickboxing background. Ward is pretty good at wrestling and delivering elbows during fights, and I might nominate Porter who can probably learn to mix it up in the octagon.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        I might nominate Porter who can probably learn to mix it up in the octagon.
        LOL good random guy to throw out there. The way Porter sticks to guys he's have probably been a great wrestler in HS & college. And might be able to pick that sorta discipline up quicker then most.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Gervonta Davis

I mean probably not but it would be good to get rid of him before he gets all Broner on us
          why is he being compared to broner? because he got ****y in the ring? hes way more respectful and mature than that clown broner. hes only 22 gee wiz u guys are too much

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
            why is he being compared to broner? because he got ****y in the ring? hes way more respectful and mature than that clown broner. hes only 22 gee wiz u guys are too much
            lol missing weight by 2 lbs and not trying to make weight again after didn't help either

I mean don't get me wrong, I want to like him but he isn't making it easy yet

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
              how did he get embarrased ? By going 10 rounds with floyd without zero experience as a boxer...floyd would not have lasted one 5 minute round in the octagon...those are facts
              ive never seen grown men act like children and women the way u guys do goodness. he got his azz kicked

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                lol missing weight by 2 lbs and not trying to make weight again after didn't help either

I mean don't get me wrong, I want to like him but he isn't making it easy yet
                that wasn't a good look but it happens, we will see... but to write the kid off and call him broner lol come on man

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                  how did he get embarrased ? By going 10 rounds with floyd without zero experience as a boxer...floyd would not have lasted one 5 minute round in the octagon...those are facts
                  He got beat up by 40, 20lb lesser retired guy and even it is first ko in 10 years. It is embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by THE NAMELESS View Post
                    He got beat up by 40, 20lb lesser retired guy and even it is first ko in 10 years. It is embarrassing
                    beat up or he got extremely exhausted i would not brag about floyd beating a 0-0

Comment

Originally posted by THE NAMELESS View Post
                      Conor came in our sport and got embarrassed.. Now who do you think active boxers that they will perform good job in mma?
                      Mike Alvarado, undefeated in college wrestling. Kermit Cintron, extensive college wrestling background.

Comment

Working...
                      X