Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder vs. Joshua WEIGHT DIFFERENCE big deal or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pick AJ to win right now between the two.

Yes the weight will make a difference. Joshua will definitely work on his stamina.

Washington was pushing Wilder back in the first few rounds physically and also with punches, so imagine what impact AJ's physicality and strong punches will do.

Wilder would need to stick and move and land the right hand. AJ's plan would be to move forward to land power shots on Wilder to wear him down, he has to box and set up his punches intelligently while walking Wilder down. Because Wilder has that right hand.

Damn, this fight needs to happen. Best fight at Heavyweight.

Comment

AJ will be Wilder’s heaviest opponent and because of that it may shock Wilder when he can’t hurt AJ like he hurt all his other opponents.. Except for Stiverne who also came in heavy and took every shot from Wilder.

Even though Wilder is skinny he’s still really slow. I reckon AJ will school him and overpower him.. Wilder only has a punchers chance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
        I would pick AJ to win right now between the two.

Yes the weight will make a difference. Joshua will definitely work on his stamina.

Washington was pushing Wilder back in the first few rounds physically and also with punches, so imagine what impact AJ's physicality and strong punches will do.

Wilder would need to stick and move and land the right hand. AJ's plan would be to move forward to land power shots on Wilder to wear him down, he has to box and set up his punches intelligently while walking Wilder down. Because Wilder has that right hand.

Damn, this fight needs to happen. Best fight at Heavyweight.
        While AJ definitely gassed out by round 5 against Vlad but I don’t think he inherently has stamina issues. He didn’t throw many punches in the first 4 rounds of that fight but still gassed out in the 5th.. Look at his fight against Whyte and Breazeale.. in those fights he threw way more punches from starting round all the way till he stopped both of them in round 7. He didn’t gas out once and in fact he was throwing more punches in the later rounds of those fights than he did in the earlier parts of those fights.

But he also weighed less in those fights and came in more shredded.. I think if he can drop to 240/245 he won’t tire from carrying all that mass.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          While AJ definitely gassed out by round 5 against Vlad but I don’t think he inherently has stamina issues. He didn’t throw many punches in the first 4 rounds of that fight but still gassed out in the 5th.. Look at his fight against Whyte and Breazeale.. in those fights he threw way more punches from starting round all the way till he stopped both of them in round 7. He didn’t gas out once and in fact he was throwing more punches in the later rounds of those fights than he did in the earlier parts of those fights.

But he also weighed less in those fights and came in more shredded.. I think if he can drop to 240/245 he won’t tire from carrying all that mass.

I think he weighed 243 against Breazeale. Against Whyte I could have sworn he gassed a little bit, not like the Klitschko fight but gassed a little I thought. I may have to rewatch that fight. But yeah around that weight he should be, no more than 245. Anywhere from 240 to 245 would be good for AJ.

Still always a good idea to improve stamina regardless of momentary issues.

Always better to be safe than sorry, nah mean. Lol
          Last edited by The Time; 07-20-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Not surprised to see you pulling against the American fighter.

Joshua is too slow and stiff.

The lumbering dope dealer will get brutally Baptized and taken out on a XXL stretcher.
            How is joshua slow? he has some crispy ass combos

Comment

I think there are a lot of potential advantages Joshua has or one could argue he has over Wilder, but I think the main thing that'll have Joshua being victorious will be him always trying to be better & improve (which I believe you can see over his last 4 or 5 fights) while I feel Wilder just wants to be the baddest man on the planet & doesn't really push himself, based on how he looks that seems the same just against tougher opponents now vs 10 fights ago. So mindset, determination & a drive to succeed is what will have decided this fight ultimately to me & weight won't be a very big factor at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                Lol my first thought too, how is this dude calling AJ slow? He's got faster hands than Mr. Windmill.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post

Lol, exactly. Slow would be the last thing I would think about Joshua. For a Heavyweight of his size he's got quick hands.

Comment

Just means AJ will be slower & easier to get hit by those unorthodox bombs by Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
                      Lol my first thought too, how is this dude calling AJ slow? He's got faster hands than Mr. Windmill.
                      He's heavy so he's slow. That's the logic, which is totally flawed. Beyond that it's one of the few rhetorics that Wilder 'fans' can use to try and dismiss Joshua, rather than acknowledge the strengths of both boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X