Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker vs. Hughie Fury Now in Manchester, September 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Not really, H.Fury and AJ have no connection whatsoever apart from the other Fury. They don't have an promotional connection to Hearn who has been promoting Joshua.

So even if Parker wins its not like he would be in line for Joshua, if Parker was fighting one of Joshua stablemates then i can understand that point.

But at least the UK would probably see another HW beltholder in Parker. Only problem is not a lot of casual fans know who Hughie is over here.
    They have a connection in that they are from the same country. Fighting an Englishman in the uk builds his name over here. You're right in that it doesn't put him in next I. Line to fight aj but he becomes a more attractive option than he was prior.
    Last edited by Fabes88; 06-26-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
      Hughie was just lucky with the circumstances.

The WBO planned to have a heavyweight tournament for the title with Parker, Ruiz, Fury and Big Baby I believe, but Hughie refused to take part it in knowing that if it didn't happen then Parker would face Ruiz for the vacant title and then he would be next in the rankings as both Haye and Klitschko already had fights lined up. T'was scummy, but i'm pretty sure most would do the same in that situation... after all, why risk losing a title shot? Especially considering i'm doubtful he'd beat Miller.
      It wouldn't have worked anyway. Miller has been trying to get out of his promotional contract since last August & still is in a legal battle over it so he would not of been involved regardless. Miller is trying to start his own promotional company.

Comment

Originally posted by londoner View Post
        Spot on. But still looking forward to what this is, an interesting fight. Fury is awkward and skilled and Parker might have plenty of trouble solving what could be a real problem for him.
        yea I suppose it's an ok. match up it's just a pity its got the tag' World title ' attached to it.

Comment

If VADA are not testing th Acne Kid then Parker and his entire team are as ******ed as the inbred gypsies.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            If VADA are not testing th Acne Kid then Parker and his entire team are as ******ed as the inbred gypsies.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
              VADA or not, fluffy is still packing feathers, and is still going to be dropped and knocked out infront of all the gypsies in Manchester

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                VADA or not, fluffy is still packing feathers, and is still going to be dropped and knocked out infront of all the gypsies in Manchester
                I don't particularly rate the Fluff's whatsoever, even less so the Acne Kid. But he's big and awkward, he could make it difficult for Parker for a few rounds but I don't see Parker struggling, damn Kassi was giving Acne Kid fits the last few rounds they fought and it looked like he was gonna start blubbering when he wanted out of that ring. I actually felt awkward watching that fight nearly felt sorry for him, I'm not the compassionate type though and everything Parker gives him he's gonna deserve the cheating doping scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  He didn't duck anybody. Go look at the rankings. In December Fury was the WBO #5 for owning that regional belt & Miller was #6. Tyson Fury was the champion. Parker #1, Klitschko #2, Ruiz #3, Haye #4 with Price #7 & Hammer #13. Come January 2017 Tyson Fury vacated the WBO title. It was suppose to be Parker/Klitschko fighting for the vacant WBO belt but Klitschko passed to fight Joshua & Parker fought the next in line which was Ruiz at #3. That moved Haye to the mandatory spot for the winner. They had 120 days to defend against him. Haye was #1, Fury #2, Miller #3 Ruiz #4, Price #5 & Hammer #6. Price & Hammer fought in a WBO eliminator & Haye passed on the mandatory shot to fight Bellew. So by default Hughie Fury being next in the rankings got the #1 position so he didn't have to fight anyone because the WBO needed a mandatory. You also have to remember the 2 next fighters Ruiz & Miller both had management issues. Ruiz was still able to fight Parker but he was in the middle of a split with his manager while Miller hasn't fought in almost a year since trying to break his promotional contract. He is still tied up in that legal battle. Hughie Fury didn't duck anybody. He was just gift wrapped the position because all the ranked guys ahead of him or just behind him either passed or couldn't fight because of legal issues with their team. Pulev would of been next but he wouldn't give that IBF #1 spot up to fight Hughie in an eliminator. Ugonoh lost to Breazeale taking him out of the rankings & the next guys after that were Schwarz, Rudenko, Fedosov. If the WBO was willing to wait for a Hammer/Fury eliminator to determine the mandatory spot then it would have held up Parker & we would probably have got another soft WBO title fight anyway like the Cojanu fight.
                  I'll take Millers version over yours.

"David Haye went for the money so he got scared and he's not eligible now to fight for the belt," said Miller, referring to Haye's decision to face cruiserweight belt-holder Tony Bellew.

"Hughie Fury didn't want to fight a four-man eliminator, me versus him and Joseph Parker versus Andy Ruiz. And of course, it would've been me versus Joseph Parker. So all of a sudden now that Joseph Parker didn't look so great, Frank Warren wants to push Hughie Fury back in the mix. But you're not eligible anymore. You jumped out of the opportunity, number one, number two is you failed a drug test - which is not even clarified, yet.

"So how are you going to be mandatory for a title shot, number one, when you stepped out on a fight. And number two, you got drug test problems."

http://www.boxingscene.com/jarrell-m...vision--112061

This sounds about right to me knowing these overrated scared HW's - we both know how they operate.

Comment

If this was staged on the moon, Parker would still knock this bum out. Hughie is just like his inbred brother Tyson, they both can't punch. We all know hughie has stamina problems based on his recent fight where he gassed out but had the fight stopped for a head butt when he wanted to (corruption) and won on the cards.

Mark my words, Parker will ****ing murder Hughie. Only thing Parker has to worry about his drug testing! We know both Furys are cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                      Hughie was just lucky with the circumstances.

The WBO planned to have a heavyweight tournament for the title with Parker, Ruiz, Fury and Big Baby I believe, but Hughie refused to take part it in knowing that if it didn't happen then Parker would face Ruiz for the vacant title and then he would be next in the rankings as both Haye and Klitschko already had fights lined up. T'was scummy, but i'm pretty sure most would do the same in that situation... after all, why risk losing a title shot? Especially considering i'm doubtful he'd beat Miller.
                      Ok I missed this post this clears up what I was replying to from joe strong - still took the easy way out though. Hughie also admitted on Boxnations official channel he passed on Joshua and later also curved Deontay Wilder...now he 'Injures' himself lucking up by recent conflicts with Parkers team and got the fight in the UK! and to make matters worse Tyson Fury is the reason cousin Hughie is now fighting for a world title and they both failed drugs test! WOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X