Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-02-2015, 06:18 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2398 Post(s)
anthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,826,509,882.05
Total Points: 10,130,362,248.48
Here's to a good boxing discussion - BoxingFan85 Back at ya.  Cheers. - Redd Foxx cheers my friend - Canelo and GGG Interesting Topics - 1hourRun one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
cheers homie - Mike D Thanks! - MDPopescu ATG Duran!! - -KULT- War AD11 - Mike D No Message - punchr 
cheers - -Freddy- This Drink is on Me - JimRaynor fuck you faggot.  you are a bitch, as is your boyfriend Leroy.  gay ass cockscuker.  piece of shit - HAMMER77777 Its Hammer not Homer, faggot.  Now sit down and shut up.  Boss has Spoken.  :D - HAMMER77777 sit down and shut the fuck up before i personally ban your asss.  And trust me, thats the best case scenario for you, among my many range of options.  faggot - HAMMER77777 
An award for being a bltch - apples 
Default Losses That Help Fighters

A number of losses were vital to some fighters sharpening their skills and improving their performances. I would have to say Pacquiao improved immensely after his decision loss to Morales in '05. He lost the fight, but he clearly got better as he demonstrated in the rematch and rubber match.

I also think Marquez's loss to Freddie Norwood taught him to turn up the juice a bit. He was very much comfortable with lying back and counterpunching. However after that fight he seemed to amp up his aggression some. He learned not to hold back too much or the judges may not be kind.
anthonydavid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-02-2015, 06:24 PM #2
coWard

Quoted: 4354 Post(s)
Bumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond reputeBumdre Ward has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,905,737,240,894,160.00
Total Points: 258,905,737,241,039,040.00
Cheers - Weltschmerz Nice betting with you - Jloro Thanks for being honest - mathed one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 No Message - Lebanon 
No Message - Scott.Weiland Your the man!! =P - Elroy1 Canelo!! - KO MX Good lookin' out. - Jalisciense909 have a slice - sugarsmosley 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. For thinking Whitaker vs Chavez was close. - BrushMyHair! for many excellent posts - Freedom. Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office that sig bro.. lol - FlatLine War RED CYCLONE! - King Krusher keep up the excellent posting - Freedom. 
Send a message via MSN to Bumdre Ward

Mayweathers first lost to Castillo made him a bit of a better fighter in some regards.
Bumdre Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:27 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8130 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 117,590,358,195,561,365,504.00
Total Points: 200,122,484,580,532,879,360,000.00
Beers up! - anthonydavid11 Savagely funny - Polarbear No Message - Jamie harris Pimpin aint easy and NSB staff literally have Taco Bell parties - SugarKaineHook Thanks again! - Oldschool5 
I love you - BombZquad Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D for jhonny to munch on - Sup You're the man! - JimRaynor 
Cheers Jhonny!  SOG!  SOG! - Redd Foxx Enjoy this tasty burger! - JimRaynor Happy Hanukkah - Freedom. Learn English.  U faggot. - HAMMER77777 Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 
Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
A number of losses were vital to some fighters sharpening their skills and improving their performances. I would have to say Pacquiao improved immensely after his decision loss to Morales in '05. He lost the fight, but he clearly got better as he demonstrated in the rematch and rubber match.

I also think Marquez's loss to Freddie Norwood taught him to turn up the juice a bit. He was very much comfortable with lying back and counterpunching. However after that fight he seemed to amp up his aggression some. He learned not to hold back too much or the judges may not be kind.
Estrada after his loss to chocolatito.

But not PAC after his devastating loss to Marquez.
Nor Tyson after his loss to douglas.

Perfect example would be Marquez after a tie, losing two more to PAC, then nearly killing him in the ring in the final battle. He learned what to expect, and nearly decapitated PAC.

I think that is a good example.

Another one, less dramatic was the no mas fight.

But Marquez wrote the book on it!

Great question!
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:27 PM #4
Interim Champion

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Bram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond reputeBram has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 579,069.44
Total Points: 594,598.96

That's a great question. I go back to Virgil Hill who lost first to Tommy Hearns and then went on a tear and didn't lose again for another 6-7 years. Hill, obviously, was never very exciting, but he really tuned up his game and was an excellent lhw champion for years.

And I think Julian Jackson really did Terry Norris a favour when he knocked him out. Norris had a good power-boxing type of style but he didn't have the best chin. After Jackson caught him, he worked on his defense and went on to have a hall of fame career.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:57 PM #5
Interim Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
lx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond reputelx!! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 49,181.32
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - Tha_Greatest 

Poison jr jones vs Barrera- Barrera became a much better boxer after that loss.
lx!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:02 PM #6
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quoted: 4504 Post(s)
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,058,110,556,516,352.00
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell soul_survivor loves BBC - Shaolin Sword Top Rated Poster - ironmt BOOOOOOOOMB SQUUUAAAAAAAAAAD - Deontay Wilder 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
That's a great question. I go back to Virgil Hill who lost first to Tommy Hearns and then went on a tear and didn't lose again for another 6-7 years. Hill, obviously, was never very exciting, but he really tuned up his game and was an excellent lhw champion for years.

And I think Julian Jackson really did Terry Norris a favour when he knocked him out. Norris had a good power-boxing type of style but he didn't have the best chin. After Jackson caught him, he worked on his defense and went on to have a hall of fame career.
Yeah but his caliber of opponent really dropped fast and when he stepped back up, he lost back to back fights.

I think Bhops first loss really helped him, he said he took time away from boxing, re-dedicated himself and came back strong. The loss to Jones made him even better and helped him up his work rate in the mid to late 90s and really hone his skills. Hopkins isn't the most talented but there's a few things he does well and he just perfected those thing (i.e. spoiling, tying guys up, antics, mind game, sharp defense).

Also, those early losses for Armstrong must have really helped. There isn't any footage from his early fights so I dunno how the style and skills improved but the guy went from losing to less than journeymen fighters to beating world champions.
soul_survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

anthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond repute
Here's to a good boxing discussion - BoxingFan85 Back at ya.  Cheers. - Redd Foxx cheers my friend - Canelo and GGG Interesting Topics - 1hourRun one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
cheers homie - Mike D Thanks! - MDPopescu ATG Duran!! - -KULT- War AD11 - Mike D No Message - punchr 
cheers - -Freddy- This Drink is on Me - JimRaynor fuck you faggot.  you are a bitch, as is your boyfriend Leroy.  gay ass cockscuker.  piece of shit - HAMMER77777 Its Hammer not Homer, faggot.  Now sit down and shut up.  Boss has Spoken.  :D - HAMMER77777 sit down and shut the fuck up before i personally ban your asss.  And trust me, thats the best case scenario for you, among my many range of options.  faggot - HAMMER77777 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx!! View Post
Poison jr jones vs Barrera- Barrera became a much better boxer after that loss.
I totally agree. I even thought he actually won the rematch with Jones. From there, he was not one-dimensional in any way. I always wonder what would have happened had he not lost before facing Morales the first time.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:59 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2901 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,185,715,443,869,285,351,424.00
Total Points: 15,185,715,443,879,284,572,160.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 

I think Canelo's loss to Mayweather made him a smarter, better fighter and more determined than ever to improve. If I'm right it will show in his fight with Cotto.
boliodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:17 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
The Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,054,536.41
Top notch poster - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonydavid11 View Post

I thought Marquez was robbed against Norwood.
The Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:15 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smash View Post
I thought Marquez was robbed against Norwood.
I thought he was as well. However, he did not destroy Norwood or amp things up enough to make a clear statement. He would have won on my scorecard as well as many others, but the case for Norwood could be made and unfortunately, it was. Afterward, I think Marquez was willing to step things up more to make a solid case.

Share This With Friends

Tags
fighters, losses

User Tag List