Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So much for Rios being dehydrated at 135...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to see a pic of Gamboa at his walking around weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I would like to see some pics of Gamboa not near fight time, he is small like 5'5" he must look like a tank being 150-155lb of muscle at that height.
      The picture in my sig is before the Rigondeaux-Ramos fight, i.e between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        hes got a beer belly.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          hes got a beer belly.
          and still have a 6 pack? damn

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
            i just think rios likes to eat bad stuff...........for some reason he seems like a guy that wouldn't take a diet serious at all.

this time around he has a nutritionist that will take care of that..........
            Yea I get the same feeling. But I'm pretty sure he had a nutritionist before the Murray fight. I remember seeing one of Ellies videos where he is talking to Nestor sayin he can't believe Rios has gone this far without a nutritionist. Video was from a while ago too.

Comment

I had the chance to meat rios and im pretty sure we were about the same size. I'm 5'8"-5"9 160 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                yea, the dudes huge.

Comment

Gamboa is an Olympic Athlete they dont fk around with their diet but even i am surprise how much he rehydrates and your right fight night he comes in 140 consistently ! Rios just needs someone to enforce that discipline hes lacking when it comes to hes eating habits so he looses the weight healthy not looking like a ****ing zombie

Comment

Not a surprise...

Except for boxers who are in the gym yearound and the ones that are considered "small" for their weight class, boxers are walking around at an average (estimate) 20-40 pounds above their weight limit between fights. I think it really isn't an uncommon issue in boxing (especially professional).

Felix Sturm's been reported to be around 190+ in between fights during his Middleweight title reign, Cory Spinks over 200 pounds during his Jr. Middleweight title reign, Ricky Hatton 180+ pounds during his Jr. Welterweight title reign, Erik Morales over 180 pounds during his Super Featherweight run, and we're not even talking about the muscular fighters (who gain weight easier).

Rios, himself, probably isn't a stranger to the 170's. For him (someone that has over 200 amateur, 30 professional fights, and is 25 years old) to not make weight, means 1) he gotten himself around the 180's and didn't give himself enough time to shed it; or 2) he did not train with the intensity he usually does. (#1 would be it in this case, IMO)

You just don't rehydrate 10-20 pounds overnight, unless you recently shed double that. I'd estimate that most fighters rehydration weight is about half of what their actual walk around weight is. Again, this is not a surprise.
                    Last edited by Heru; 02-22-2012, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Poor gamboa. For real I wish him health and good luck. Rios is a WW lol for real. This is no joke. Poor guy is expecting to impress and is gonna get knocked the fokk out.

Comment

Working...
                      X