No announcement yet.

NSB PICK EM POLL: HIGA vs ROSALES

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSB PICK EM POLL: HIGA vs ROSALES

OK. Given the lack of decent fights out of the US or Europe this weekend, we were going to leave doing a Pick 'em this week, but then it was came to my attention that there is in fact two world title fights in Japan on Sunday.

Sunday 15, April 2018

Arena, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
    promoter Teiken Promotions - Akihiko Honda

World Boxing Council World Flyweight Title
    Daigo Higa 15 0 0 vs Cristofer Rosales 26 3 0

World Boxing Association World Middleweight Title
    Ryota Murata 13 1 0 vs Emanuele Felice Blandamura 27 2 0

The Murata fight ain't really an issue, cos it's a secondary title and Blandamura ain't really anyone's idea of a quality opponent, however the Flyweight match-up is for the WBC title and matches the recognised #2 in the division with a top 10 opponent. My thinking is that if this fight had been in a different division and a different time zone we would have had no hesitation in including it as a pick 'em.... It may not be to everyone's taste, but if we really are boxing fans, perhaps we should give it a go?

Yes.
    17.95%
    Yes. All major title fights should be played.
    30.77%
    No.
    25.64%
    No. We should only include title fights with significant player interest.
    25.64%

The poll is expired.

Balls. Forgot to include a poll and ain't got time to sort it out now... just leave comments. Higa - Rosales yes/no and reasons if you like.

Thanks

K

Comment

Never seen either of them fight

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        Never seen either of them fight
        Neither had I. Higa looks well regarded though and is an undefeated KO artist at 15(13) - 0. TBRB have him at #2 Flyweight and Rosales at #10. Boxrec at #2 and #9 respectively. Either way whichever way you cut it this is a significant world title fight for the WBC title.

What I'm trying to is gauge the feeling of the players and see how responsive people will be to broadening their horizons a little.

The fight fits our usual criteria in terms of calibre - do we turn our back on it just because it comes from the other side of the world from most of us and involves fighters we've never seen? My gut says we should probably do it even though I've no particular enthusiasm for it myself, but if the players have no interest I ain't gonna waste my time. Besides, I still have the leaderboard to update for this week - been putting that ish off as long as I can.. ha ha.

Comment

Poll up. Please express an opinion if you have one cos it'll help inform which fights we include going forward.

Comment

I say go ahead with the pick em.
            Doesnt matter if its to everyone's liking but if its for a world title then we shouldn't just be picking and choosing which fights we pick for.
            We might have japanese posters on here that would be spewing if its not included.
            Last edited by BLASTER1; 04-13-2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              I say go ahead with the pick em.
              Doesnt matter if its to everyone's liking but if its for a world title then we shouldn't just be picking and choosing which fights we pick for.
              We might have japanese posters on here that would be spewing if its not included.
              This is my feeling. We're an international community following an international sport... we do few enough fights from the Far East already and to miss a significant fight when we haven't even got the excuse that it's overshadowed by bigger fights closer to home doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                This is my feeling. We're an international community following an international sport... we do few enough fights from the Far East already and to miss a significant fight when we haven't even got the excuse that it's overshadowed by bigger fights closer to home doesn't sit well with me.
                Might be a good opportunity to showcase some of these fighters and find out what their made of.
                I havent seen these fighters box but if its in a pick em im definitely gonna check them out and be interested in the result.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                  Might be a good opportunity to showcase some of these fighters and find out what their made of.
                  I havent seen these fighters box but if its in a pick em im definitely gonna check them out and be interested in the result.
                  I've gotta go to work now but if you're around during the day any chance you could just bump this thread once in a while? These kinda threads have a tendency to drop off the front page and get forgotten about in minutes unless I can get the damn thing stickied.. -MEGA-, BostonGuy

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    I've gotta go to work now but if you're around during the day any chance you could just bump this thread once in a while? These kinda threads have a tendency to drop off the front page and get forgotten about in minutes unless I can get the damn thing stickied.. -MEGA-, BostonGuy
                    No probs bro.

Comment

Working...
                    X