Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mighty Mouse" Johnson dumped after first loss in years... Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Well in fairness the UFC has the biggest marketshare in MMA so it'd be stupid of them to risk their own appeal. Its a lose lose for them. If the UFC guy wins he was supposed to & if the UFC guy loses then KSW or PFL or whichever guy from whatever league they fought wins.=
    thats the reason imo why boxing will ALWAYS be at the top.... fighters fight from around the world and thats where those diamonds in the rough are found (pacquiao for example they didnt even know how to say his name, two weeks notice etc)

you will never see that in mma....

its monopolized mainly because there is no muhammad ali act for mma as its fairly new

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      really? so how come once some of the fighters leave ufc they "magically" start losing more and more fights?
      Whats that got to do with anything? I'm not saying there aren't other good fighters in other leagues. I'm just saying the UFC has most of the best fighters.

No UFC guy has sucked when they went to another league for any length of time that I'm aware of. Or at least if they are not washed cuz a lot of UFC guys who are washed keep their career moving well past their fresh by date. But every UFC guy is competing in other leagues. If they won a belt or are top 5 or w/e they are still a top guy. Guys from other leagues don't even make the UFC top ten all the time.

Will Brooks is a class example. He was doing great in Bellator. 18-1. Won the Bellator tournament. Defended the belts a few times. Came to the UFC & went 1-3 & was gone. And he didn't even fight no one THAT crazy. He lost to Nik Lentz ffs. But he went to PFL & he's 2-0-1 there. The UFC is a tougher level.

(just look at the way dana white got rid of mighty mouse after 1 freakin loss)
      I highly doubt Dana got rid of DJ. These WME-IMG guys are running sh^t now & they are making some wonky decisions across the board. I mean they are trying to make a title fight with Brock Lesner right now lol. They are trying to make big fights & DJ isn't a guy who wants big fights. Thats why DJ is gone I believe. And I'd bet it wasn't Dana's call to get rid of him. I mean ffs when has the UFC traded f#cking anyone? They are doing all sorts of weird sh^t since WME-IMG took over. Dana doesn't got the same power he used to. He don't own part of the company anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        thats the reason imo why boxing will ALWAYS be at the top
        The top of what? Combat sports? Boxing used to be on top of all sports. And it could be again if boxing made any f#cking sense & it wasn't so spread out & decentralized with its power.

its monopolized mainly because there is no muhammad ali act for mma as its fairly new
        Its very likely it will still be monopolized post the MAA act. It depends on some decisions WME-IMG make.

But boxing can be monopolized. Sh^t man HBO had an unofficial monopoly on all the boxing that mattered in the 90's. DAZN or PBC are the two most likely suspects to have a monopoly today. You just can't be a promoter & do it really. And thats cuz of that IBC lawsuit back in the day & less about the MAA.

Comment

I was shocked to see Mighty Mouse leaving. Real shocked in fact.

I'm eager to see how Askren gets on though. He's already busy trolling the UFC guys on twitter.

Comment

Working...
          X