No announcement yet.

6 months on from black panther....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 months on from black panther....

'it will be taught in school, debated among intellectuals, it will be seen as the moment everything changed.'

'Marvel's Black Panther film means so much to so many people. '

'It's difficult to measure the importance of a film like this'

'Black Panther" is a cultural landmark'

'a game changer'

'you cant overemphasise the importance of this film'

'a defining moment for america'

'its changed everything for people of colour'

Some of the quotes about this film from critics and journalists. When released in february the film black panther was seen as a groundbreaking moment in culture as you can see above, with some people even turning up to watch the film in suits due to its perceived importance. So 6 months on, what has the legacy of the film been and what has changed in society? Was the importance of the film in terms of promoting a cultural shift overstated or understated?

And no racism please, this is a discussion about the role of film in promoting societal change

Obama and Black Panther upset a lot of people.

Comment

Never saw it and don't care to. I don't watch superhero movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Comment

Man I gotta watch that movie

I gotta say, the monster success of that movie adds legitimacy to the idea that it is better to create new worlds and characters than it is to make black/gay/woman casted spinoffs of existing franchises.

Comment

I watched it in theatres 25 times just to upset Trump supporters.

It's the greatest film of all time.

Lol, jk. It is one of my favorite Marvel movies though, and it did upset a lot of uncolored people.

Comment

Originally posted by 187 Proof View Post
              I watched it in theatres 25 times just to upset Trump supporters.

It's the greatest film of all time.

Lol, jk. It is one of my favorite Marvel movies though, and it did upset a lot of uncolored people.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                You cant be that dumb. Who do you think voted for Obama and watched Black Panther?

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                  'it will be taught in school, debated among intellectuals, it will be seen as the moment everything changed.'

'Marvel's Black Panther film means so much to so many people. '

'It's difficult to measure the importance of a film like this'

'Black Panther" is a cultural landmark'

'a game changer'

'you cant overemphasise the importance of this film'

'a defining moment for america'

'its changed everything for people of colour'

Some of the quotes about this film from critics and journalists. When released in february the film black panther was seen as a groundbreaking moment in culture as you can see above, with some people even turning up to watch the film in suits due to its perceived importance. So 6 months on, what has the legacy of the film been and what has changed in society? Was the importance of the film in terms of promoting a cultural shift overstated or understated?

And no racism please, this is a discussion about the role of film in promoting societal change
                  All of that remains to be seen.

It proved what it needed to prove on a societal level.

Now its up to filmakers, Hollywood execs and more importantly the audience to have the guts to take more chances.

Comment

Bait thread the real question is why are you still obsessed with it 6 months later? 🤔 hundreds of bad super hero movies like Deadpool but I don’t see anyone trying to trash it months later get over your prejudices already.

Comment

Working...
                    X