Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo chooses to say no to GGG rematch in September....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
    I always thought he'd go after Saunders before he went after GGG. I thought he would do that, win, and really jerk GGG since he wants that WBO belt so bad to be undisputed.

I actually think Saunders is a tougher fight for him than Gennady.
    Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    I doubt it. Off of a year off that's a bad style match-up especially if he's testing 10 or more weeks out. He'd probably need (and let's face it get) GBP judges to get him the "W" in that one.
    Definitely a difficult fight and style.

Comment

Inactivity doesn't matter, remember?
      How Mosley was away for 1 year.
      How Kirkland was away for 2 years.
      Angulo 10 months

Comment

Hope the rematch never happens. GGG needs to move on. Stop sniffing Canelo's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          why do we even need a rematch, we all saw who won the fight. they can rematch and the same thing will happen again, canelo has too much influence to lose a decision
          I saw a draw... you saw b@lls in your face

Comment

Goldenboy just released a statement saying Canelo will fight in September, of course, no opponent was named.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
              Inactivity doesn't matter, remember?
              How Mosley was away for 1 year.
              How Kirkland was away for 2 years.
              Angulo 10 months
              Good point. I forgot about that.

There is no way to justify that either. A 40yr old who took a year off. A limited Kirkland that was off for 17 long months.

GGG doesn't get a pass here either though. He's facing someone who hasn't fought in 2 years and was at a different weight class.

I'm all about fairness here. Wrong is wrong.

Comment

If he comes back off of his 6 month suspension, and chooses to NOT fight GGG in the promised rematch:

- Will Canelo fans defend him and say "well, he is coming off of a knee injury, he needs a tune-up so we understand" ??

- Will GGG fans be okay with Gennady going after Saunders for a unification instead and forgetting about Canelo forever?

- Will Canelo fans be upset and feel as though Canelo owes that to himself and to boxing?
                nah, the fight is coming, ibf allowed ggg a tune up cuz they dont want to risk the canelo payday, i mean they all had to wait for canelo to stand a position on this... i wouldnt worry much about fantasy scenarios... hopefully canelos right hand can be better after the lay off and he dont have to protect it by wearing pillow gloves this time..

Comment

If he comes back off of his 6 month suspension, and chooses to NOT fight GGG in the promised rematch:

- Will Canelo fans defend him and say "well, he is coming off of a knee injury, he needs a tune-up so we understand" ??

- Will GGG fans be okay with Gennady going after Saunders for a unification instead and forgetting about Canelo forever?

- Will Canelo fans be upset and feel as though Canelo owes that to himself and to boxing?
                  I don't think the rematch happens until next year

Comment

If Canelo doesn't fight Golovkin his reputation will be crap and that includes in Mexico. I think he cares about that. He is the only one who could make this fight not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                      I don't think the rematch happens until next year
                      Assuming GGG can keep winning.

Comment

Working...
                      X