Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puerto Rico Have Been Demoralized and Stripped of All Pride In Boxing? Champs? Any?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puerto Rico Have Been Demoralized and Stripped of All Pride In Boxing? Champs? Any?

I have been an avid boxing fan for a very long time and the Puerto Rico vs Mexico rivary has always given great fights but in all major fights Mexico has always dominated Puerto Rico and especially in recent years Mexico has basically stripped puerto rico of all their champions.

Have Mexican fighters completely demoralized their country to the point they just feel beat before they even get into the ring against a Mexican? Countless times Mexico has gone into Puerto Rico To defeat their Fighter yet Puerto Ricans never dare to be great and go to Mexico to defeat their fighter.

I am trying to think who they have left as a legit champion and I cant think of a single one, Cotto gave up the belt becuase he knew he was gonna lose to canelo so why take an ass beating and have to pay fees you know lol so he just gave up the belt and heed to notion he cant beat canelo.

What happened to Puerto Rico boxing why have all their fighters seem to died off?

I am reminded of an article a Boxingscene Writer (Stephen "Breadman" Edwards) wrote about Styles certain people (race) have problems with (its a great read link below)
    http://www.boxingscene.com/daily-bre...lo-race--98886

Are the Mexican and Mexicans style just too tough for Puerto Ricans too handle?
    Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 12-04-2015, 04:04 PM.

Verdejo is going to be a real star IMO. Kid is about as talented as it gets for where he is at in boxing at his age.

Second, you cannot discount what Cotto has done for the sport, and what he's meant to PR. The man is a warrior, and a HOFer for sure.

I think rivalries between countries is great, as long as we keep it civil. Some of the comments between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans in this place is sad. Both countries have a rich tradition in the sport, both have had great fighters and like anything else they come in ebb and flows.

Remember when people about 6 years ago were saying Mexican boxing was dead? Remember when they said once DLH retires there will be a huge hole left in the sport.

Boxing always bounces back, it always regains stars and this will be no different. PR boxing is here to stay, and I hope more stars come out of PR because it will make for great future fights.

Comment

Pedraza AFAIK is the only PR champ now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
          I have been an avid boxing fan for a very long time and the Puerto Rico vs Mexico rivary has always given great fights but in all major fights Mexico has always dominated Puerto Rico and especially in recent years Mexico has basically stripped puerto rico of all their champions.

Have Mexican fighters completely demoralized their country to the point they just feel beat before they even get into the ring against a Mexican? Countless times Mexico has gone into Puerto Rico To defeat their Fighter yet Puerto Ricans never dare to be great and go to Mexico to defeat their fighter.

I am trying to think who they have left as a legit champion and I cant think of a single one, Cotto gave up the belt becuase he knew he was gonna lose to canelo so why take an ass beating and have to pay fees you know lol so he just gave up the belt and heed to notion he cant beat canelo.

What happened to Puerto Rico boxing why have all their fighters seem to died off?

I am reminded of an article a Boxingscene Writer (Stephen "Breadman" Edwards) wrote about Styles certain people (race) have problems with (its a great read link below)

lol, your funny Caneloujauh, I mean War Canelo. haha!

Comment

Their population is the same as the state of Oklahoma. I think they've done ok for themselves. And yea they still have champions lol
            Last edited by HanzGruber; 12-04-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I think Roman Martinez still has a belt at 130.

Comment

I hope not, the Ricans as outrageous as they behave sometimes keep the tradition alive. The only other nationality that puts up fierce fights with Mexican boxers are the Japos.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Verdejo is going to be a real star IMO. Kid is about as talented as it gets for where he is at in boxing at his age.

Second, you cannot discount what Cotto has done for the sport, and what he's meant to PR. The man is a warrior, and a HOFer for sure.

I think rivalries between countries is great, as long as we keep it civil. Some of the comments between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans in this place is sad. Both countries have a rich tradition in the sport, both have had great fighters and like anything else they come in ebb and flows.

Remember when people about 6 years ago were saying Mexican boxing was dead? Remember when they said once DLH retires there will be a huge hole left in the sport.

Boxing always bounces back, it always regains stars and this will be no different. PR boxing is here to stay, and I hope more stars come out of PR because it will make for great future fights.
                  this is where we differ, I like verdejo and think he is talented but they will have to protect him to make him a star their are too many greater fighters that he will eventually have to run into. I see verdejo as the danny garcia of tommorow he will put a good win and ride that out till the bloody end.

Rivalries are great and its one of the best things in boxing, everyone knows this in sports Rivalries make the fight/game that more intense. I agree some people take it took far and come out of character and take it way too far, for example their are alot of racist on here who only spewl their racist comments through karma so no one can see (trust me I get alot of that hate in my rep from respected users here).

True boxing goes through waves, so only time will tell if PR bounces back and how strong.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post

Funny, so you are doing your best to kick us while downs but let put things in perspective.

* Mexico Population 122.3 million vs Puerto Rico Population 5.5 million
                    * As you stated above "Mexico has always dominated Puerto Rico" You know this is not true - stop trolling.

* Cotto vs Canelo was competitive the full 12 rounds but HBO and their agenda to push for Canelo vs GGG (fun fight) make you all believe it was one sided figh while the rest of the World saw it differently(Draw) in a way that even Mexico TV saw Cotto won.

* We will bounce back, probably most decided to study/work instead of look for a future in a difficult sport since the options are available as difference to other countries.

* I get it, your are gloating this time. Enjoy it while it last.

Comment

Working...
                    X