No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: Jacobs Beats Derevyanchenko and Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    All three reasons run counter to the words coming from their camp. Also, Dervy publicly stated he would accept the adjusted purse Spike turned down. Even that is moot because Dervy should have been the first call in Feb once Alvarez popped positve.
    Fine your entitled to your opinion. I gave you mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Fine your entitled to your opinion. I gave you mine.
      The question really is do you think those are legit reasons for a fighter whose camp complains about being avoided, who claimed that having all the belts was all that mattered, and most importantly, claimed that they weren't focused on Alvarez after he popped positive for PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
        The winner can fight Saunders if he likes. They will just have to vacate the WBC belt and give it to Charlo first.
        Unification fights take precedent over mandatory defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
          Truth of the matter is that Golovkin has not faced elite comp aside from Jacobs and Canelo.

While it might be argued that neither Derev or Charlo have beaten a top 5 name on their MW resumes they are still considered the best in the division along with Jacobs, Saunders, Canelo and Andrade.

If Golovkin were to end his career right now he would not make it to the top MW's of all time because he did not fight everyone.

Let it be known that I'm a Golovkin supporter but before everything else I'm a boxing fan and I will not support duckers or mismatches.

Golovkin still has unfinished business in the division before he can be in there with the best MW's of all time.

#BestVsBest
          I'm a bg Golovkin fan, and I agree 100%.

Comment

I like Jacob's, but I don't agree with Abel about Charlo. Honestly don't know much about Derevechenko, only 12 pro fights. I'm sure the best guy he's faced is Jacobs in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Usetoloveboxing View Post
              Unification fights take precedent over mandatory defenses.
              Not if the mandatory gets called for first.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                they were close losses, he dropped andrade and many thought he beat charlo. id prefer someone like that to someone whos not fought anyone above scrub level, and no the rotting carcass of sam soliman isnt a good win
                The Andrade fight was a clear loss for Vanes. Don't depend on boxrec for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  The Andrade fight was a clear loss for Vanes. Don't depend on boxrec for that one.
                  He never watched that fight. He doesn't know. He also thinks Vanes arguably beating Jermell = GGG beats Jermall.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    The question really is do you think those are legit reasons for a fighter whose camp complains about being avoided, who claimed that having all the belts was all that mattered, and most importantly, claimed that they weren't focused on Alvarez after he popped positive for PEDs.
                    Yes I do. At this point in his career he's 36 years old he's going for the rematch with Canelo. That's the main priority. I want to see that fight most people do. Floyd ended his career against Andre Berto and McGregor. I had no problem with either fight he earned the right to go out and make a ton of money. The only issue I had with the McGregor fight was counting it as a legitimate match.
                    So if Golovkin would rather fight Canelo or the guy in Japan it's fine with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      I'm not the guy who was committed to that date. Golovkin publicly stated that he was fighting on May 5. It was necessary to him.

nah, it was highly desirable to him

it was necessary to equal Hopkins record without breaking a sweat

Comment

Working...
                      X