Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think George Groves will ever recover from being Cobra'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think George Groves will ever recover from being Cobra'd?

I just rewatched that fight and even though I don't think it physically had any permenant damage on Groves, mentally that was a huge crushing defeat.
    After all the build up, trash talking and the push and a pull handshake, to lose like that in front of 80 thousand at Wembley surely must have a lasting effect.

Two stoppage losses to his rival and then later losing to Badou Jack the Ripper in Vegas. 0-3 in world title fights seems harsh for what once was a talented prospect....id like to see Groves at world level again but not sure he'll ever overcome being Cobra'd.

What are your thoughts?

probably not and I believe its more mental than anything.

Comment

Nope. Not ever.

Comment

I think the push n a pull handshake incident Cobra'd Groves a little bit.

Comment

Nah. He's finished. Poor lad

Comment

Who's got the better chin?

Howard Foster or George Groves?

Comment

prolly not

Comment

Little bit better performance in September and Groves would be WBC champion and in contention for #1 spot at 168.
                Sure he needs to sort out things, but to call him finished is waaay too soon.

Comment

He looks mentally shot, but there was always that danger knowing how prideful a personality he was beforehand.

Comment

Froch took his manhood, emasculated him in front of both their lovely wives and the millions watching.

Comment

Working...
                    X