No announcement yet.

Guerrero vs Berto a tainted win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post

1st round holding behind the neck and hitting.
    They even show in slow motion. 1ST ROUND AND SECOND!

How is 2 knockdowns to start a fight NOT effect the rest?
    Because a lot of them ignore that fact. They feel it was meaningless to the outcome. When in fact, it was a BIG thing. So big that, if Berto was unable to get up, he could've argued that there be a rematch because the hits were clearly illegal. And with the swelling of the eye, supposedly by a thumb (I'm of the opinion that the thumbing was done intentionally if that did happen). Now I do think Berto would have lost a close one anyway because of his defense. But it would have been way closer of a fight.

Guerrero is no saint by far, quite dirty, in the Aydin fight he tried an intentional headbutt, along with other dirty tactics.

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't consider it tainted, but the fight starting like that certainly did play a role.

The ref didn't swell Berto's eyes shut though nor did he take Berto's best punches when Guerrero was asking to get hit by them leaning over with his head just hanging out there to be hit with the uppercut. So it is not like Guerrero was handed the fight on a silver platter he had a lot of work to do.

I could deal with Berto getting a rematch because of these issues as the fight could go differently but I have no real issue with the outcome as Guerrero was the better guy on that night.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
          ghost would've won anyway guys like berto and ortiz don't have it in them to beat guys who come to win.
          Respect that.
          Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
          No he beat Berto fair and square...only question is, was Berto as effective without steroids being that it was his first fight without using them or after getting caught anyway
          Fair and square? with illegal shots that knocked him down?
          Originally posted by RossCA View Post
          I questioned my self, "was that even legal to hit and hold". But, I think Berto would have lost that fight anyway. I'd rather see Guerrero face Mayweather than Berto.
          You may be right, Im not so sure.
          Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          nope, all berto did was hold, his own corner kept yelling at him to stop holding robert. The first KD was berto holding robert right hand and so robert swung with his left and put his ass down. Second KD berto again held and robert put it on him with the free hand. Nothing to complain and nothing was tainted, its was a legit solid win.
          Wow! You see it like that? I see it like he was trying to pull his hand off his neck.

Comment

Yep, you're right. I never even noticed that. Berto fought stupid, because he is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
              Because a lot of them ignore that fact. They feel it was meaningless to the outcome. When in fact, it was a BIG thing. So big that, if Berto was unable to get up, he could've argued that there be a rematch because the hits were clearly illegal. And with the swelling of the eye, supposedly by a thumb (I'm of the opinion that the thumbing was done intentionally if that did happen).

Guerrero is no saint by far, quite dirty, in the Aydin fight he tried an intentional headbutt, along with other dirty tactics.
              Newsflash this is Boxing

If Berto really wanted to control the outcome of that fight he would have had to impose his will like the "bigger" man he was supposed to be, instead of being busy trying out the shoulder roll and underestimating Guerrero, who was showing the "bigger" man that he meant business.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

WTF were you watching bro? I guess he could have been holding his hand with his face
                WTF Are people crazy Phenom?...lol

I can see the argument of the illegal shots not changing the outcome but to say they were not illegal is a whole different thing!

Comment

Originally posted by VapeRippa View Post
                  Newsflash this is Boxing

If Berto really wanted to control the outcome of that fight he would have had to impose his will like the "bigger" man he was supposed to be, instead of being busy trying out the shoulder roll and underestimating Guerrero, who was showing the "bigger" man that he meant business.
                  There is no whining or even arguing about the win. Maybe you should re-read the initial post.

All tht you said has already been cleared from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                    Wow! You see it like that? I see it like he was trying to pull his hand off his neck.
                    If that's so, he should have moved his head and slide under that arm. That's why I say he fought stupid. You never want your opponent to be tied up with one hand and his other hand free. Anyway, I'd like to see a rematch.

Comment

You're allowed to be inside as long as you work. The Ghost did a whole lot of working in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X