Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about overly religious fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about overly religious fighters?

How many times have we seen fighters before matches give prayer in their corner, bless themselves, kiss a rosary, etc? How many times have we seen fighters thank Jesus, Mohamed or God in general for that matter, when winning and sometimes, even when losing matches?

I guess my question is...

How do you feel about overly religious fighters? Do you feel their faith actually works in their favor and gives them courage, keeping them focused during difficult moments in the ring? Or do you feel it hinders them by providing a false sense of security, leaving them to rely on heart and not actual ring smarts?

Speak on it.

yea, its fine but i hate when they go over board

Comment

it's annoying. Holyfield was/is the worst.

But it's boxing. 99.999% of fighters are religious so there is nothing I can do about it.

I gotta go by what they do in the ring and what kind of person they are. Hence why I love to watch Andre Ward fight. I don't care that he thinks he's Jesus (son of god)

Oh and Mike Tyson was the best with his religious messages because he's say praise allah then talk about eating your children haha

Comment

i think its annoying as fck and is just one of the MANY reasons i refuse to listen to post-fight interviews anymore.
        your god didnt make you win or lose. most likely, he doesnt give a sht about a stupid fight so leave him out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
          i think its annoying as fck and is just one of the MANY reasons i refuse to listen to post-fight interviews anymore.
          your god didnt make you win or lose. most likely, he doesnt give a sht about a stupid fight so leave him out of it.
          what if god does watch boxing and he has a bad gambling addiction though? see you don't know, god could be dropping millions on stupid fights all the time and *****.

Comment

I'm more annoyed by anti-religious bigots *****ing about someone who says a prayer before putting (potentially) his life on the line for our entertainment.

Comment

Don't really care, but it is slightly annoying when post-fight interviews are 99% "THANK YOU JESUS."

I want to hear you comment on the fight or call out a rival, shut up about Jesus already.

Comment

There's better things to worry and think about

Comment

Doesn't bother me at all, unless they're into satanism O.o

Comment

I tend to think post-fight interviewers hate it when fighters start with the God talk....

Still, my question is more about whether or not you think fighters who are overly religious somehow benefit from their strong faith and the idea that they're not alone in the ring. Understand? Or do you feel that their faith is of no actual consequence and possibly hinders them from smart judgment in a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X