people are forgetting the fact that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
    Any reason why not?

2 good come forward offensive fighters with good KO ratios,one with better skills and one with a high volume will always make for a thriller IMO.
    i'm gonna come right out and say because it was promoted as ortiz's coming out party.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      i'm gonna come right out and say because it was promoted as ortiz's coming out party.
      You still buy the promoting ****?

C'mon be serious.
      Did you also believe Tarver was gonna beat Dawson in the rematch because it was promoted as Tarver was never beaen in a rematch?

This was Ortiz's first top 10 opponnet and altough I thought he would win as in his other step-ups he looked great I knew there was the chance Maidana might be to much for him.

Comment

FOTY? hell no! Diaz vs Marquez is FOTY! No contest!

Comment

it wasn't supposed to be a thriller though... ortiz was supposed to dismantle this guy easily.
          based on what? did you see any maidana fights before last night? youve been saying some really dumb **** lately.

Comment

A great fight nonetheless (while it lasted). Unexpected, as Maidana was a little unknown to even the die-hards. He's made me a fan.

Comment

maidana sure packed a punch

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                You still buy the promoting ****?
                only the stuff that isn't bull*****.
                C'mon be serious.
                Did you also believe Tarver was gonna beat Dawson in the rematch because it was promoted as Tarver was never beaen in a rematch?
                Nah, if you look at my posts on that fight I said dawson would win, but tarver would do better.

This was Ortiz's first top 10 opponnet and altough I thought he would win as in his other step-ups he looked great I knew there was the chance Maidana might be to much for him.
                words like "chance" and "might" aren't reallly concrete assertions.

I also thought maidana had a "chance" and "might" beat him. no conclusion is absolute, except getting robbed in MSG a day before PR Parade day (j/k PRicans)

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                  based on what? did you see any maidana fights before last night? youve been saying some really dumb **** lately.
                  I admit I've never seen Maidana fight before, but if people weren't allowed to post dumb **** then you wouldn't be allowed to post.

Comment

Point is there is no way this was suppose to be a showcase or a dismantling for Ortiz.

Comment

I admit I've never seen Maidana fight before, but if people weren't allowed to post dumb **** then you wouldn't be allowed to post.
                      so how did you come to the conclusion that a fighter is supposed to dismantle another fighter when you have not seen one of them fight?

and good joke but search through all of my posts and bring up dumb things ive said, i guarantee you they wont be as dumb as your posts i bring up. i actually watch boxing, everything boxing no matter who, no matter if its on hbo, showtime, espn, if it wasnt on american tv, i download them, look for them on youtube, anything to gather up info on fighters before i talk and start making assumptions on fights. thats kinda how i came to the following oppinion and the one everyone should have had if they knew both maidana and ortiz:
                      Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                      this is a really tough fight for ortiz, i just hope he can pull it off. im going to say ortiz by decision.
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=281985

i said youve been saying stupid **** lately because you say things like what you just said...and this in another thread:
                      yea, but cotto/margo was milking the PR/Mexico rivalry, so to use the 450+ ppv number for cotto is misleading.
                      **** like this pullcounter....have you heard of hype? every fight has it, thus in your mind every draw result for every fight is misleading.
                      Last edited by Zarco; 06-28-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X