No announcement yet.

Hopkins: "No Interest in Jones Rematch, Roy Must Quit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    He has done a lot of good things for the community and his relationship with Shaun Negler was really touching but he always came across as a tough guy in his interviews up until prior to the Pavlik fight, maybe he doesn't have that big a chip on his shoulder anymore.
    or maybe he wa bein' misunderstood!

Comment

It's a welcome change, I was getting tired of his bad guy image, I', beginning to like this new classier nice guy image.
      Yeah, I welcome it as well. Hopkins doesn't have to prove to anybody that he's a tough guy, or an ATG anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
        or maybe he wa bein' misunderstood!
        Maybe, either way I'm starting to like him.

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Yeah, I welcome it as well. Hopkins doesn't have to prove to anybody that he's a tough guy, or an ATG anymore.
        Definitely, he doesn't need to have that chip on his shoulder anymore.

Comment

Maybe, either way I'm starting to like him.

Definitely, he doesn't need to have that chip on his shoulder anymore.
          thats whats up

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            If you haven't recently, you should watch the Countdown to Hopkins-Wright again...

When I watched it the a couple of days ago (don't ask me why I pulled it out), it made me appreciate Hopkins even more. When they kind of went through his career, it just made me wonder... How has he done all of this?

Disappointments early, losing his opening bout, and then losing his first big fight against Jones. He worked in the trenches to get another shot... almost blew it again against Mercado the first time, and then won the rematch. Was a "protected" champ who never really defended his IBF strap against any superstar, top notch fighters until the King unification tournament came along, where he beat a good fighter in Holmes and then crushed Trinidad (which is still, easily his biggest win IMO)... makes his trillions (exaggeration obviously) against Oscar and is on top of the world. Then his world comes crashing down against Taylor, not once, but twice... A lot of people thinks he is done, because he was so inactive both times, and really was expected to do better (performance wise, not result wise). A lot of people think he is done. Then he takes a fight he is a huge underdog in against Tarver 15 pounds north... dominates and retires.

That's a terrific career right there.

BUT, he comes back and beats a P4P elite Winky Wright (even if he was out of his proper weight area by a few pounds) as convincingly as anyone ever has... then takes on Joe Calzaghe. Basically a re-run of the Taylor fights. He has an argument that he won, although he did get outhustled in activity for the most part, leading people to think that he is done yet again, and then he goes on to surprise us again. He takes on Kelly Pavlik, the guy who is supposed to be the first to really crush Hopkins, and he fights in a brutal way, and just beats Pavlik up. Another terrific performance... When will it end?

Man, Bernard Hopkins is one special fighter...

Comment

• Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
              If you haven't recently, you should watch the Countdown to Hopkins-Wright again...

When I watched it the a couple of days ago (don't ask me why I pulled it out), it made me appreciate Hopkins even more. When they kind of went through his career, it just made me wonder... How has he done all of this?

Disappointments early, losing his opening bout, and then losing his first big fight against Jones. He worked in the trenches to get another shot... almost blew it again against Mercado the first time, and then won the rematch. Was a "protected" champ who never really defended his IBF strap against any superstar, top notch fighters until the King unification tournament came along, where he beat a good fighter in Holmes and then crushed Trinidad (which is still, easily his biggest win IMO)... makes his trillions (exaggeration obviously) against Oscar and is on top of the world. Then his world comes crashing down against Taylor, not once, but twice... A lot of people thinks he is done, because he was so inactive both times, and really was expected to do better (performance wise, not result wise). A lot of people think he is done. Then he takes a fight he is a huge underdog in against Tarver 15 pounds north... dominates and retires.

That's a terrific career right there.

BUT, he comes back and beats a P4P elite Winky Wright (even if he was out of his proper weight area by a few pounds) as convincingly as anyone ever has... then takes on Joe Calzaghe. Basically a re-run of the Taylor fights. He has an argument that he won, although he did get outhustled in activity for the most part, leading people to think that he is done yet again, and then he goes on to surprise us again. He takes on Kelly Pavlik, the guy who is supposed to be the first to really crush Hopkins, and he fights in a brutal way, and just beats Pavlik up. Another terrific performance... When will it end?

Man, Bernard Hopkins is one special fighter...
              Green K for D....

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                Green K for D....
                That post is too good to be hidden in this thread...

I'm making it into its own thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                  That post is too good to be hidden in this thread...

I'm making it into its own thread.
                  good move!

Comment

• bhop nice one u get alot of respect from me.

Comment

• Someone else would take the fight and claim he beat a legend,

**** someonde did it after he had been brutally knockdown twice.

Good move Bernard, stay true to the values of the game and keep earning that respect you so much derserve.

Comment

Working...
                      X