No announcement yet.

Jim Jeffries Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Jeffries Training

Jeffries training program seems very tough.
    I found this on the net.

Jeffries' preparation for his title winning effort over Fitzsimmons.

"For this fight he ran some 14 miles in the morning, alternating between a jog and a 100-yard sprint, without stopping to walk or rest and finishing the run within two hours. In the afternoon, he played three games of handball, punched the bag for 20 or 25 minutes straight, and skipped rope 1,500 to 2,500 times. He would then box from 12 to 16 rounds, and 'wrestle around' or toss an 18-pound medicine ball."

I think that regardless of any scientific advancements in sports science, if you could do that workout everyday for a week, you'd probably never get tired in the ring. Jeffries program looks like it could kill Rocky Marciano, but I guess that's what it takes to go 25 rounds.

PS. Is there a place where you can download any of Jeffries fights?

Originally posted by TysonForeman
    Jeffries training program seems very tough.
    I found this on the net.

Jeffries' preparation for his title winning effort over Fitzsimmons.

"For this fight he ran some 14 miles in the morning, alternating between a jog and a 100-yard sprint, without stopping to walk or rest and finishing the run within two hours. In the afternoon, he played three games of handball, punched the bag for 20 or 25 minutes straight, and skipped rope 1,500 to 2,500 times. He would then box from 12 to 16 rounds, and 'wrestle around' or toss an 18-pound medicine ball."

I think that regardless of any scientific advancements in sports science, if you could do that workout everyday for a week, you'd probably never get tired in the ring. Jeffries program looks like it could kill Rocky Marciano, but I guess that's what it takes to go 25 rounds.

PS. Is there a place where you can download any of Jeffries fights?

Jesus christ, How did he resist from overtraining....That workout plan is so time consuming, that guy did more in 1 day then people do their whole lives these days....

Comment

they dont make em like they used to.

Comment

If you can believe this, before he was a boxer he worked as a boilermaker (this is long before the age of power tools) making furnaces and such out of cast iron...the man had the stamina of an ox

Comment

who gives a **** about jim jeffries training..they couldnt even fight back then thats why they fought 30 40 rounds

Comment

I haven't seen videos, but I think they've probably always known how to fight, probably not with great skill, but they could still just maul each other.

Comment

Ppl do give a **** aqquited most fighters to day are gasping for breadth by the 10th these days, All this supplements weights all that crap is nonsense the guy was fit dont be disrespecting him.
              He trained hard fighters today have a fight then have a two month break then go in 8 week training to suck weight. Where if they trained all year round (weeks off occasionaly) like real pros then they wouldnt have bother making weight and theree stamina.

Comment

Yeah, those old time guys were amazing. This is why I don't think modern guys are automatically better. None of the modern fighters could do his program.

I really want to see some footage of Jeffries, regardless of his skill level, he seems like the most athletically gifted human being ever.

Comment

Jeffries was a naturally gifted athlete, he was a star athlete in high school who could run 100 metres in less than 10 sec, he could jump six feet in the high jump, and was also a promising amateur wrestler early in his life. His level of fitness is way beyond what anyone is even close to today... Who could do manual labor all day, and still be able to train for a fight? And the mofo could absorb punches like no one'e ever seen, he had a granite chin

Comment

I wish i could actually see some of these guys fighting 20-30 rounds. But i cant dowload/find there old fights anywhere. I have seen Jack Johnson fight though. He's incredible

But neways, thats the reason whenever I'm picking an all time P4P, I always favour the old-timers over the newer fighters. Even though nowadays boxers have more knowledge of what to eat and which type of nutrition they need, they jus don't have the heart. Anyway, nowadays boxing is a joke, with the promoters feeding off fighers...

Comment

Working...
                    X