Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better resume, Sugar Ray Leonard or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    He was still 17 in 76.

Antonio Cervantes he beat for the title. A HOF'er.
    sorry, one kudos per name. i dont mean to offend anyone but, imho, benitez resume is lacking.

Comment

• Ray at 37 was retired, so its not a fair comparison. Ray prime was 1978-1982

Comment

• Ray was a welterweight in 1982 so that's not considered ducking Hagler. Also, how about Hagler move up and take on Michael Spinks? He wanted Leonard, Mugabi, Hearns, Duran to gain 13 pounds, but he never did it himself. No Ray did not wait for Hagler to get old. He wasn't even Hagler's weight in 1982.

Also Floyd barely beat old Oscar Del La Hoya by split decision. Oscar of 2007 is not on the level of 1980/1981 Ray Leonard. Floyd also lost to Castillo. Leonard fought Mayweather sr in only like his 14th professional fight

Ray would walk Floyd down and beat him on aggression. If Oscar can come close, Ray would win. Leonard has much quicker feet than 2007 Del La Hoya and can get in and get back out. Floyd has never fought a fighter the caliber of Leonard or with that speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          This post brings up an important issue in this debate...regardless of what opinion one holds. Fighters, as human beings, the intelligent animal (Aristotle) tend to adapt to very specific conditions to thrive: When we start talking about "if" Floyd was larger, "If" Robinson has access to modern enhancements, etc... it demonstrates that there are many possible considerations that one cannot consider in a comparison such as this.

The 80's was a time when there were lots of talent in the middle divisions, Floyd often had to fight at catchweights. Different strategies, different considerations, etc. Ward is a better comparison to Floyd in many respects. Both men had to clean out their division and deal with fighting in different weight classes. Most people consider "great Floyd" at 135 and below. Nobody would put Andre Ward as a great light heavy...His best division is Middle Weight.

The best Sugar Ray leonard was bigger and his best division is different than Floyd's best division. What confuses people is that great fighters often are able to achieve great wins at a different division: Gene Tunney was an incredible heavy weight fighter who beat Dempsey twice! But...A lot of the smart guys in boxing (I would agree with them) would tell you that Tunney rightly belongs on a list of the best light heavies, and was perhaps the best there was at that division.

if you were going to have a team of fighters ask yourself a simple question...Would you have Leonard and Floyd fighting at the same weight?
          Interesting comment, and allot better than these other cats.

First of all I think Floyd's best division is ww. At the lower weights, he would beat people up while getting hit here and their. But at WW, while he couldnt get KO's, the way his style changed, where he could walk down giants, without getting touched, and go the whole fight humiliating men, was astonishing imo.

He fought bigger tougher men at ww. Men bigger than Ray and stronger.

But I was confused when you asked if I would have Floyd and Ray fighting at the same weight. Are they on the same teams?

I would most def choose Floyd on my team against Ray any day, and I dont think they would have a competitive fight honestly. But I enjoy the angle your coming from unlike others who just dont want to admit that their are current era fighters, far, far greater than the throwbacks

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            Because he fought Benitez, Hearns, Duran at the right time right? Cherry picked the hell out of those guys.

You just cant accept that those 3 fights alone are better than Floyds entire career.
            Nope. This comment, as well, did not respond to my other comment. And if you noticed, I actually responded to things you JUST said, a long time ago in my other comments.

Not only that, but this comment didnt even respond to the comment you quoted Lol

SRL doesnt have anything better than Floyd. Nothing at all. I keep saying the same thing over and over. Due to circumstantial disadvantages, and the way he HUMILIATED men, no matter WHAT the circumstances where, outshines ANYthing Ray done.

Ray simply has glossier NAMES on his resume. Even names you didnt mention; Hagler, Hearns, Duran, makes SRL resume on PAPER look better. But the facts are, that Floyd had to overcome allot of obsticles that make his resume legendarily TOUGHER. Its not even close.

Because as I said prior, if you placed SRL at the very same circumstances, he would get KILLED in the ring. In fact, every fighter in history would.

Their is NO fighter in history, that can perform how Floyd did, in those circumstances. Its asTONISHING what he did!

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              Nope. This comment, as well, did not respond to my other comment. And if you noticed, I actually responded to things you JUST said, a long time ago in my other comments.

Not only that, but this comment didnt even respond to the comment you quoted Lol

SRL doesnt have anything better than Floyd. Nothing at all. I keep saying the same thing over and over. Due to circumstantial disadvantages, and the way he HUMILIATED men, no matter WHAT the circumstances where, outshines ANYthing Ray done.

Ray simply has glossier NAMES on his resume. Even names you didnt mention; Hagler, Hearns, Duran, makes SRL resume on PAPER look better. But the facts are, that Floyd had to overcome allot of obsticles that make his resume legendarily TOUGHER. Its not even close.

Because as I said prior, if you placed SRL at the very same circumstances, he would get KILLED in the ring. In fact, every fighter in history would.

Their is NO fighter in history, that can perform how Floyd did, in those circumstances. Its asTONISHING what he did!
              Hearns would get killed against Floyd?
              Almost spit my water out

Hearns has a foot of height and reach on poor Floydie

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Interesting comment, and allot better than these other cats.

First of all I think Floyd's best division is ww. At the lower weights, he would beat people up while getting hit here and their. But at WW, while he couldnt get KO's, the way his style changed, where he could walk down giants, without getting touched, and go the whole fight humiliating men, was astonishing imo.

He fought bigger tougher men at ww. Men bigger than Ray and stronger.

But I was confused when you asked if I would have Floyd and Ray fighting at the same weight. Are they on the same teams?

I would most def choose Floyd on my team against Ray any day, and I dont think they would have a competitive fight honestly. But I enjoy the angle your coming from unlike others who just dont want to admit that their are current era fighters, far, far greater than the throwbacks
                You're one of the worst posters on this entire forum.

If you're not trolling us all for a joke, I actually feel sorry for you.

What a monstrosity of a post.

Nobody but you thinks that Floyd's best division was WW.

He didn't walk down giants.

He did get touched.

He didn't humiliate everyone.

You don't think Ray would have given Floyd a competitive fight? Is this in real life, or on the PS4?

The current fighters aren't far, far greater than the fighters of yesteryear.

Stop stinking up the thread with your ******ed posts.

You're an absolute embarrassment.

Your posts are making us all cringe.

I have to give you some credit though. It can't be easy typing out your posts whilst you're gargling Floyd's cum at the same time.
                Last edited by robertzimmerman; 01-29-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  Almost spit my water out

He's the biggest **** on the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by murkaman View Post
                    nope. This comment, as well, did not respond to my other comment. And if you noticed, i actually responded to things you just said, a long time ago in my other comments.

Not only that, but this comment didnt even respond to the comment you quoted lol

srl doesnt have anything better than floyd. Nothing at all. I keep saying the same thing over and over. Due to circumstantial disadvantages, and the way he humiliated men, no matter what the circumstances where, outshines anything ray done.

Ray simply has glossier names on his resume. Even names you didnt mention; hagler, hearns, duran, makes srl resume on paper look better. But the facts are, that floyd had to overcome allot of obsticles that make his resume legendarily tougher. Its not even close.

Because as i said prior, if you placed srl at the very same circumstances, he would get killed in the ring. In fact, every fighter in history would.

Their is no fighter in history, that can perform how floyd did, in those circumstances. Its astonishing what he did!
                    "Nurse!!!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                      Almost spit my water out

Hearns lost to SRL, a fighter who is not half as sharp as Floyd. And everyone Floyd faces has reach and height advantage over Floyd.

I understand that Boxrec and Tail of the tape incorrectly claim that Floyd is taller than everyone and has longer arms, but in the ring thats easily proven incorrect.

I dont think Hearns being tall, is good enough for me to see him winning. I think Floyd would be the smaller quicker man. And it would be target practice. I dont see a competitive fight at all imo

Comment

Working...
                      X