Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARD: "Now I've seen the best of Kovalev, the rematch will be a LOT different".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    Kovalev will beat him again.
    This dude got a gift decision and is acting like he won 9-3 and made it look easy.

Instead of being humble and talking about things he needs to fix
    He and his corner of hunter are being boastful trying to make themselves Think they are better than they really are.
    85% of the planet thinks ward lost.
    The only ones defending ward are black people who are biased towards black fighters. Get outside of that box and real fight fans saw kovalev get robbed .

There isnt anything different ward can do .
    You're biased against any and all Black fighters...

Typical of your tiny..gelded...demographic.

Now go finish your dog-burger.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
      Why do you assume Ward is the better boxer?

Kovalev outboxed him and showed he has stellar boxing skills. They looked to be on par in the skills department. Dre had no answer for Kovalev's jab.

This little dwarf needs glasses.

Ward's body jab ruled Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
        Why do you assume Ward is the better boxer?
        I'm not assuming anything. I feel like Ward is the better boxer. I think most fans would agree with me. You obviously don't, fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          I'm going to put it to you like this.

An Andre Ward that would've had 2 more fights before he fought Kovalev, would've kicked Kovalev's ass worse than he did
          I think that's a decent enough theory, but I don't think it's a given. I mean this fight has been on the table for most of this year and maybe even a little of last year (idr the exact timeline so feel free to correct any confusion I have). If Ward can't be ready for Kovalev with almost a full year if not a full year and change I think maybe we've seen the best of Ward or at least he's on the slide. People have seen certain guys of this era performing at a high level for a long ass time i think. The reality is most great fighters were shot or shadows of themselves by their early 30s.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 11-26-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I don't know. In what scenario is ward the aggressor? Kovalev's power isn't going anywhere, his jab isn't so I'm lead to believe we'll see the same fight plus more knockdowns, with the fight decided by a TKO in the middle rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
              I think Kovalev thought he had a comfortable lead with the KD in round 2 and that was his undoing.
              I don't see Kovalev as a guy who counts his chickens before they hatch so i don't buy this. In fact I think Kovalev would be one of the last guys to pull a De La Hoya (vs Tito) in boxing.

Having said that you have the best "Panda" video on the site
              Respeck brother.

Comment

i don't understand how people can keep underestimating kovalev's skill and overrating ward, seriously. they are both what we've seen already, no more. the only difference (besides judges) it's kovalev's power and the fact that he knows that ward can't hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I think that's a decent enough theory, but I don't think it's a given. I mean this fight has been on the table for most of this year and maybe even a little of last year (idr the exact timeline so feel free to correct any confusion I have). If Ward can't be ready for Kovalev with almost a full year if not a full year and change I think maybe we've seen the best of Ward or at least he's on the slide. People have seen certain guys of this era performing at a high level for a long ass time i think. The reality is most great fighters were shot or shadows of themselves by their early 30s.
                  I think that's pretty normal.
                  Opponent, age and weight matter.

Just a couple of recent examples:
                  At 147 , Pac ' approach is much less aggressive.
                  Same for Floyd, at 147 and above he was way more cautios and less active.

As for opponents, GGG did not fight Lemiuex the same way he fought Brook.

Comment

Working...
                  X