Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Brook Did 843K Live Viewers; 833K For Chocolatito' Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's the A side doe

Comment

• Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
      I'm genuinely puzzled as to why purported boxing fans are glad that boxing's most hyped (fairly or unfairly) star is getting low viewing figures.

Boxing is in the doldrums in the US and that's being charitable. If you are hoping that another Mayweather (maybe Spence) comes along good for you but he caused a hell of a lot of problems as boxing ended up centred around him. Boxing would be much healthier if PBC were doing great business, HBO, Showtime and ESPN were going strong and great fighters up and down the scale were getting a strong fan base.
      Instead we have Pac lumbering on, fighters still calling out Mayweather, Canelo being poorly marketed and advised by GBP, great fighters (Rigo, Ward) getting less sales than 'Smurfs On Ice Christmas Special', etc etc.
      Boxing is now Mexican, British, German, Philipino and Chinese.
      Anyone think HBO is going to stay in boxing long? Anyone think PBC is going to be a media leviathan in five years time? Is ESPN going to be showing fights?
      Would a casual person in the street recognise Wilder or Spence?

But hey, hahaha GGG can't get viewers. Let's laugh while US boxing withers.
      STOP.MAKING.SENSE!

What is wrong with you!

Making sense is not allowed in these parts.

Talking about cutting your nose to spite your face. That is your typical boxing fan.

Small wonder boxing is in the state it is today in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
        Lol at these ggg-haters. He's now sold out 12k+ seats in 3 major cities none of which are his home town and is one of the few remaining boxers that can consistently generate 1mil+ viewers on premium network.

He not a draw doe.
        Dumbazz? The sold out arenas aren't just there for him. A lot of people came to see Lemieux, basically ALL of the fans Saturday were for brook (listen to the boos for him if you don't think so) and when tickets cost nothing, people don't mind paying for a night out. The myth is indeed coming to an end...and the hype.
        Last edited by Metho_4u; 09-13-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• My prediction were 675k , CM Punk first UFC match + Girl in the Box + College Football On ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            HBO aired at 5:30pm basically the same as Fury fight that drew over 1m viewers for HBO
            Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            http://www.boxingscene.com/fury-klit...ers-hbo--98847

From playing to a sold-out crowd of 50,000 at ESPRIT Arena in Dusseldorf, Germany, to Fury ending Klitschko's lengthy title reign, there was plenty to celebrate without actually focusing on the fight itself. The live presentation also made the HBO brass smile, as the Saturday afternoon matinee special averaged a staggering 1.038 million viewers.
            5:30pm East Coast. 2:30pm West Coast.

HBO overseas day time cards usually never crack a million, the Fury Klitschko is the lone exception, and rightfully so (it was by far the biggest fight).

Here are some examples:

493k for Froch-Kessler 2
            700k for Froch-Groves 2
            862K for Golovkin-Murray

This was a UK fight and a UK PPV, that's where all the revenue is coming from, not from HBO American broadcast. Both reportedly got around $4-$5 million USD each. The event was definitely a success for both fighters as they both made by far their biggest paydays of their careers. Not sure why NSB has a hard time understanding this (actually I'm sure why; the demographic consistently takes something positive and makes it negative based on their agenda (not liking Golovkin)).

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Apples to oranges my friend. Friday nights is where networks send their shows to die.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot

Saturday afternoon is where sports flourish. That's why Spence got 6 million on a Saturday afternoon. All three PBC cards aired on Saturday afternoon got over a million viewers last year
            Spence got fantastic ratings because it was sandwiched in-between Olympic coverage. It was an amazing plan by Al Haymon squeezing him in there. I do think Boxing on Sundays should happen mote though, when football season is over of course.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 09-13-2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Oscar.... I hear many on the streets calling Canelo "El Gallina"

What does this mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                5:30pm East Coast. 2:30pm West Coast.

HBO overseas day time cards usually never crack a million, the Fury Klitschko is the lone exception, and rightfully so (it was by far the biggest fight).

Here are some examples:

493k for Froch-Kessler 2
                700k for Froch-Groves 2
                862K for Golovkin-Murray

This was a UK fight and a UK PPV, that's where all the revenue is coming from, not from HBO American broadcast. Both reportedly got around $4-$5 million USD each. The event was definitely a success for both fighters as they both made by far their biggest paydays of their careers. Not sure why NSB has a hard time understanding this (actually I'm sure why; the demographic consistently takes something positive and makes it negative based on their agenda (not liking Golovkin)).

Spence got fantastic ratings because it was sandwiched in-between Olympic coverage. It was an amazing plan by Al Haymon squeezing him in there. I do think Boxing on Sundays should happen mote though, when football season is over of course.
                What about Klitschko-Haye?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  What about Klitschko-Haye?
                  They never released the numbers so no one knows. I can only assume it did good (it was one of the most anticipated fights in all of boxing at the time), but then again they never released any numbers so who knows.

Decent article I read:

First up is Golovkin-Brook. How does this compare to other HBO daytime telecasts?

This will place roughly third in recent history. Golovkin-Brook fell some thousands short of Golovkin-Murray which brought in 862,000 daytime viewers.

First place is held by Wladimir Klitschko’s landmark loss to Tyson Fury last year which did an enormous average of 1,038,000 viewers.

The wild card here is that the daytime number was never reported for Klitschko’s highly anticipated showdown with David Haye.

Competition

UFC prelims on Fox Sports 1 just edged out the first airing of Golovk-Brook with 870,000 viewers.

Both Golovkin-Brook and Gonzalez-Cuadras beat up the NBC Sports Network airing of Manchester United’s match with local rival Manchester City. In fact, both cards beat out all of the soccer that was featured on NBC Sports Network that day. (Southampton vs Arsenal, Liverpool vs Leicester City, and the aforementioned Manchester United vs Manchester City.)

If anyone is interested, Jacobs Mora 2 did 547k on Friday night.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 09-13-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Lol........

Comment

• Man, NSB will fight to the death about ANYTHING.
                      I didn't think they were particularly good or bad, certainly nothing worth arguing over. Definitely not bad for Sat afternoon, but it's not like it's incredible either, especially not for the hype they put into this.

Everything here has to be black or white it seems.

Comment

Working...
                      X