Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wards detractors hopes he loses more than they actually believe Kov will beat him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wards detractors hopes he loses more than they actually believe Kov will beat him

its quite obvious

1) He is labeled boring and we know how casuals feel about fighters who arent big punchers with elite defenses and counterpunching ability

2) Kovalev and Ward are top fighters, I see a competitive fight regardless of who wins, but those who say Kov "murders" or dominates Ward are not realistic, considering the man has never been dominated and has not seen defeat since the late 90's....sounds like you hope he gets knocked out instead of believing he does

3) complaints about the site, fouls and clinching.....Ward has fought 2 times this year and there was no excessive usage of any sort. reaching for straws not there,. When has Ward ever needed shady judging to win a fight?

4) They never give any tactical reason why Kovalev would beat him. they say his chin is weak, but he has only been dropped once and that was 10 years ago...again...reaching. How is he going to outbox him, or get him out of there? explain please!!!

5) they say he is past prime, not even noticing Kovalev is older and looked less than spectacular himself in beating chilemba who is no where near wards talent or know how.

If there is an honest referee who stops Princess Andrea from using illegal tactics, Kovalev KOs Ward.

With a shady ref, Ward could cut Kovalev with a deliberate head butt and the ref call it a TKO, or a TD with Ward winning an undeserved decision.

Comment

dont need in depth tactical explanation- once he gets hit hes not going to want to get hit again and ward is A LOT more hittable than you lot make out, hes no mayweather or pernell whittaker. I dont see much wrong with wards chin but you dont need a bad chin for kovalev to do you some serious damage. I think wards coming up against a guy whos going to outgun him and not let ward bully him on the inside. Kovalevs not as clumsy as you all make out either so its not just big haymakers coming wards way, its going to be good solid boxing. I think wards crafty enough to go 12 rounds but he isnt going to be aggressive enough to win many rounds. People will say im a hater but i think we are going to see the worst of andre ward this fight, just cause he hasnt fouled against bums doesnt mean he wont against someone like kovalev. Nevertheless i think its going to be in the region of 117/111 with people asking questions about why didnt ward throw more punches.

Comment

They're Wlad fans and they cry about clinching.

Comment

It will either be a boring fight and Kovalev is unable to deal with Wards slickness, or Ward finds himself in compromising position and has to fight his way out, where Kovalev will have the advantage.

Extremely interesting fight, pretty much impossible to call which is what makes this the best fight of the year by far.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            dont need in depth tactical explanation- once he gets hit hes not going to want to get hit again and ward is A LOT more hittable than you lot make out, hes no mayweather or pernell whittaker. I dont see much wrong with wards chin but you dont need a bad chin for kovalev to do you some serious damage. I think wards coming up against a guy whos going to outgun him and not let ward bully him on the inside. Kovalevs not as clumsy as you all make out either so its not just big haymakers coming wards way, its going to be good solid boxing. I think wards crafty enough to go 12 rounds but he isnt going to be aggressive enough to win many rounds. People will say im a hater but i think we are going to see the worst of andre ward this fight, just cause he hasnt fouled against bums doesnt mean he wont against someone like kovalev. Nevertheless i think its going to be in the region of 117/111 with people asking questions about why didnt ward throw more punches.
            Floyd and Pernell are two of the best ever defensively doesn't mean Ward's not hard to hit clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              If there is an honest referee who stops Princess Andrea from using illegal tactics, Kovalev KOs Ward.

With a shady ref, Ward could cut Kovalev with a deliberate head butt and the ref call it a TKO, or a TD with Ward winning an undeserved decision.
              what a surprise.....head butt, clinch, rinse wash repeat

when you're served a big plate of crow, have some integrity, and stick around and eat it.

excuses are for losers.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                It will either be a boring fight and Kovalev is unable to deal with Wards slickness, or Ward finds himself in compromising position and has to fight his way out, where Kovalev will have the advantage.

Extremely interesting fight, pretty much impossible to call which is what makes this the best fight of the year by far.

^^^^this right here!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X