Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly is Hoping Deal For Juergen Braehmer Gets Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly is Hoping Deal For Juergen Braehmer Gets Done

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, there have been preliminary negotiations to make a light heavyweight showdown between WBA 'regular' light heavyweight champion Juergen Braehmer of Germany and former WBO champion Nathan Cleverly of the UK.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Actually, surprisingly, I like this fight.

Cleverly ain't really a world beater, but he showed up well against Fonfara and despite the aging Jeurgen being the more refined and intelligent fighter Nate's workrate and stamina should make this an interesting matchup.

Pick-em for me.

Comment

i am worried that there was no mention sergey kovalev, seems like he just wants a easier win and just to get a belt then defend it against a easier opponant in Fonfara. Seems like he is already defeated and does not want to be the best. Cleverly will lose this fight in my eyes, he has not got the heart of a champion and i think sergey took a lot out of him.
      You cant want to unify the division not being the best in the division. What that shows is picking your opponants and belts carefully which is pathetic because you eventually get caught out then there is no legacy there.

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
        i am worried that there was no mention sergey kovalev, seems like he just wants a easier win and just to get a belt then defend it against a easier opponant in Fonfara. Seems like he is already defeated and does not want to be the best. Cleverly will lose this fight in my eyes, he has not got the heart of a champion and i think sergey took a lot out of him.
        You cant want to unify the division not being the best in the division. What that shows is picking your opponants and belts carefully which is pathetic because you eventually get caught out then there is no legacy there.
        I don't think Nate wants to see Kovalev again.

Comment

Just who wants to see Kovalev... again?...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Just who wants to see Kovalev... again?...
            Only someone who is as egotistical as Jean Pascal.

Comment

Braehmer isn't stepping anywhere near a top 10 opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                Only someone who is as egotistical as Jean Pascal.
                At least Pascal was man enough in order to get battered twice in exchange of two decent paydays on his way out... Not to mention that, in Quebec, Pascal provided Kova with his biggest career paydays.

Comment

Says everything about Braehmer's "title" that the guy who LOST the Fonfara-Cleverly fight is the one hoping to get a shot. Because everybody knows Braehmer and Sauerland wouldn't consider the guy who WON the fight for a "title' shot

Comment

These two were supposed to fight before some years back when Cleverly was undefeated and had some hype behind him. I actually gave Braehmer a good chance but he pulled out I think during fight week as he has a history of doing. That or he got arrested again, I can't quite recall. Just Braehmer seemingly found a way out of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X