Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire-Narvaez: Good stay busy fight; Broner-Rees: Not watching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The blame for this should rest soley where it is deserved, on Ricky "chicken" Burns for ducking Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
      dude, this fight comparison came outta nowhere
      Nonito-Narvaez was over a fucking yr ago
      -Kev- was blatantly looking for something to complain about
      he's normally a much better poster than this
      No.

Seriously, what a f-cking moronic thread.

Broner vs Rees is a sh-t fight, a waste of a HBO headline slot, and will tell us nothing. It's not Broner's fault, it's on GBP to make better fights. Just like it wasn't Donaire's fault, it was on TR to have chosen a better opponent.

We're all trying to forget how stinky Donaire v Narvaez was, and Broner v Rees will be on that level, though I'm sure tards like the OP will be wanking themselves into a frenzy at Broner beating on a midget.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        No.

Seriously, what a f-cking moronic thread.

Broner vs Rees is a sh-t fight, a waste of a HBO headline slot, and will tell us nothing. It's not Broner's fault, it's on GBP to make better fights. Just like it wasn't Donaire's fault, it was on TR to have chosen a better opponent.

We're all trying to forget how stinky Donaire v Narvaez was, and Broner v Rees will be on that level, though I'm sure tards like the OP will be wanking themselves into a frenzy at Broner beating on a midget.
        Broner-Rees isn't a good fight at all but there's been a lot worse fights headling cards.

It could be a lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
          In what way is age relevant? They're both champions and the number 1 guys in their division. I'm not defending Donaire, but neither do I excuse Broner just because someone else set the precedent.
          broner has done nothing wrong in my oppinion he just became this star fighter about a year ago and he has fought the top guys in his division. broner has had 1 fight at lw and people are already complaining.age is relevant because expectations should be higher for someone who has been fighting for 11 years and is considered one of the best in comparison to someone who has been fighting 5 years and considered one of the best

Comment

goodness, people are whiners.

Comment

They r both terrible fights, didnt watch the donaire narvaez until a month later and probably will do the same here even though i got hbo

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Broner-Rees isn't a good fight at all but there's been a lot worse fights headling cards.

It could be a lot worse.
                Yeah, it could be like that Argentinian guy he fought a couple of fights ago. That was the definition of a joke fight.

But in any event, I don't even care for comparisons. What is the goddamn point? I'm not gonna be thinking about Donaire vs Narvaez when I stay awake at 4am on a Sunday morning. All I'm gonna think about what is in front of me.

We get so few cards over the year (and even then, HBO and SHO have a ******ed habit of scheduling against one another), that seeing this match-up is frustrating.

Again, no blame on Broner. It's on GBP to give us better, and for HBO to demand better.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                  broner has done nothing wrong in my oppinion he just became this star fighter about a year ago and he has fought the top guys in his division. broner has had 1 fight at lw and people are already complaining.age is relevant because expectations should be higher for someone who has been fighting for 11 years and is considered one of the best in comparison to someone who has been fighting 5 years and considered one of the best
                  If you're the best in your division you're held to the same standard, age plays no factor in your rankings. If you win the title when you're 18 I expect you to fight the best, same as if you're 30 when you win it. Donaires competition has been significantly better than Broners anyway so that comparison doesnt make much sense either.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                    Yeah, it could be like that Argentinian guy he fought a couple of fights ago. That was the definition of a joke fight.

But in any event, I don't even care for comparisons. What is the goddamn point? I'm not gonna be thinking about Donaire vs Narvaez when I stay awake at 4am on a Sunday morning. All I'm gonna think about what is in front of me.

We get so few cards over the year (and even then, HBO and SHO have a ******ed habit of scheduling against one another), that seeing this match-up is frustrating.

Again, no blame on Broner. It's on GBP to give us better, and for HBO to demand better.
                    Yeah exactly It's atleast a lot better than the guy he beat his vacant title at 130 for. Now that was a joke.

I don't think this fight is a joke. It's not a good fight at all but I think calling it a joke of a fight is harsh. Atleast Rees is ranked at 135, atleast he's in a running. Atleast it's not some unranked nobody they pulled out a hat.

I'm actually looking forward to it Rees is going to get killed but the bad blood between them has atleast made me some what interested.

Just hope Burns mans up and fights Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                      If you're the best in your division you're held to the same standard, age plays no factor in your rankings. If you win the title when you're 18 I expect you to fight the best, same as if you're 30 when you win it. Donaires competition has been significantly better than Broners anyway so that comparison doesnt make much sense either.
                      who has adrien broner not fought?donaire is more than just the best in his division he is looked at as one of the best in boxing and i don't know how muche better is donaire competition than broners and keep in mind donaire has at least 6 years more than broner does

Comment

Working...
                      X