No announcement yet.

Iran ready to accept gold and National currencies for oil instead of dollar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran ready to accept gold and National currencies for oil instead of dollar

Tehran announced Tuesday that it is ready to receive payment for oil supplies in gold as well as the national currencies of importer countries. That’s according to Mahmoud Bahmani, Governor of the Central Bank of Iran.

*In trade operations with foreign countries Iran does not limit itself to dollars, and any state is free to use its own currency, Bahmani is quoted as saying by Russia's Itar-Tass news agency. He also added that if any client state wants to pay in gold, Iran would accept it without hesitation.

In 2012 the US toughened sanctions against the country that attempt to obstruct the activities of the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Washington warned that sanctions would also be applied against international banks that use US dollars in deals with Iran. As a result, countries that buy Iranian oil have faced the problem of how to pay for it. Now, the Islamic country is working to accommodate its clients through the offer to accept their national currencies.

Ready? They have no other choice.

The sanctions have almost frozen Iran's ability to use the banks. Just last week India paid Iran in Rupees for their oil

Comment

turkey, south korea and japan have already agreed reportedly..

"Local business people say Iran has already agreed with Turkey, South Korea and Japan to carry out trade in their national currencies. Turkey said on Tuesday it was talking with countries such as Saudi Arabia and Libya to diversify its energy supply, which depends heavily on Iranian oil. But Taner Yildiz, energy minister, added that Ankara was not bound by the US or the EU sanctions. “Turkey will never lose its strategic co-operation with Iran,” he said. Turkey, South Korea, India and China have all increased their gold reserves in recent years. "

Comment

i dont blame them

Comment

link btw??

Comment

http://rt.com/news/iran-gold-currencies-oil-453/

Comment

Comment

Dumb ass politicians. This will end up in a war.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Dumb ass politicians. This will end up in a war.
                  its already too late

with sanctions as foreign policy go figure

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
                    its already too late

with sanctions as foreign policy go figure

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but that's why I prefer Ron Paul.

He's all about America and nothing else. Build America, keep America boss, screw everything else. He wouldn't endorse sanctions on Iran, which I also think is stupid.

These politicians really believed that other countries wouldn't do business for that oil regardless. Just wait till the EU jumps ship on the sanctions.

Comment

Working...
                    X