Which one has a more legit claim to a WBC title fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Whyte.

Whyte was the #1 contender, but the WBC decided Breazele should be the mandatory for beating Eric Molina, while ordering Whyte to fight Ortiz, who had already lost to Wilder, to the "second-in-line mandatory."

Its a complete joke. The WBC helped Al Haymon avoid another Peter Quillin-Matt Korobov situation, where Haymon wouldnt let Quillin fight on a card by RocNation, who won the purse bid, so Quillin vacated and it derailed his career. The WBC have spent a year and a half pretending like Whyte doesnt exist because if they order that fight, and Eddie Hearn plays hardball, he could theoretically win a purse bid and force Wilder to go to DAZN or vacate his title.

WBC are aware of all that and trying their hardest to avoid putting Haymon in that situation.
    How many eliminators did Whyte agree to?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      How many eliminators did Whyte agree to?

Comment

Different situation.

Alvarez was declared the mandatory, but he kept taking step-aside money to not challenge for the title and the WBC didn't give a fuck as long as everyone got paid.
        Why has Whyte never been offered step aside money?

Comment

Going by the WBC rules which fighter has a more legitimate claim to fight for a WBC title

Dillian Whyte

Or

Devin Haney

Discuss
          I don't understand the connection?

Comment

How many eliminators has he been offered and fought to become mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
              I don't understand the connection?
              He's never been offered because he's never been the mandatory!!! Yet y'all keep d saying he's been mandatory.

Comment

He's never been offered because he's never been the mandatory!!! Yet y'all keep d saying he's been mandatory.
                I'm confused. Who is he? Whyte? Haney? Who is saying they're mandatory? I've never said that.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
                  I'm confused. Who is he? Whyte? Haney? Who is saying they're mandatory? I've never said that.
                  If you never said it then I'm not speaking about you

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    This. Pretty sure Alvarez gots the record. At least recently.
                    He's got the record of any fighter ever indeed, I believe it was up to 900 days. Nutty stuff from the WBC, kept giving him stepaside money.

Comment

So what you're saying is Haney is going to actually fight his eliminator and not turn them down like Whyte has done
                      Hasn't Whyte only ever been offered secondary eliminators by the WBC instead of a final eliminator? He's beaten enough of their top ranked opponents to earn it easily anyway. The time that he's been at #1 with no shot is sickening and it's so weird to me how many similarities Wilder and Adonis Stevenson had in terms of how their careers progressed. They've been handled by the WBC the exact same because in both instances they're catering to inferior boxers who albeit have incredible power and therefore are exciting to watch and viewed as big threats.

Comment

Working...
                      X