Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one has a more legit claim to a WBC title fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whyte more than Haney but if he wanted to be more deserving than Ortiz he should have fought Ortiz

Comment

I would say Charlo too...I don't know enough about Haney and Whyte's situations to really know there...I think Whyte is overhyped probably but he has been around the top level longer, so probably he deserves it first if that is the criteria. Haney looks more legit to me though as a fighter.

As someone else mentioned..it is odd that Charlo isn't complaining every day about the Canelo fight...and even GGG would be a big money fight for him I presume if WBC really wanted to mandate that...I can understand not wanting GGG right now if he can get similar money for other fights....but if I were him and his team I would be pushing hard for Canelo...maybe he is getting step aside money, Idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        So what you're saying is Haney is going to actually fight his eliminator and not turn them down like Whyte has done
        Yes. Haney is doing it the way the WBC have ordered it, Whyte hasn't done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This. Pretty sure Alvarez gots the record. At least recently.
          Different situation.

Alvarez was declared the mandatory, but he kept taking step-aside money to not challenge for the title and the WBC didn't give a fuck as long as everyone got paid.

Comment

Whyte.

Whyte was the #1 contender, but the WBC decided Breazele should be the mandatory for beating Eric Molina, while ordering Whyte to fight Ortiz, who had already lost to Wilder, to the "second-in-line mandatory."

Its a complete joke. The WBC helped Al Haymon avoid another Peter Quillin-Matt Korobov situation, where Haymon wouldnt let Quillin fight on a card by RocNation, who won the purse bid, so Quillin vacated and it derailed his career. The WBC have spent a year and a half pretending like Whyte doesnt exist because if they order that fight, and Eddie Hearn plays hardball, he could theoretically win a purse bid and force Wilder to go to DAZN or vacate his title.

WBC are aware of all that and trying their hardest to avoid putting Haymon in that situation.

Comment

Haney is a bit relax about it, he doesn’t want to be rushed. He is only 20 years old and learning, and he isn’t asking for a shot at the champion nor has the champion being protected from him. Whyte has had all of those things against him, the champion has told him he would make him wait for two years, because he knows his team has the corrupt WBC in their pockets. So yes Whyte has a more legit claim my “Unbiased” boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Whyte.

Whyte was the #1 contender, but the WBC decided Breazele should be the mandatory for beating Eric Molina, while ordering Whyte to fight Ortiz, who had already lost to Wilder, to the "second-in-line mandatory."

Its a complete joke. The WBC helped Al Haymon avoid another Peter Quillin-Matt Korobov situation, where Haymon wouldnt let Quillin fight on a card by RocNation, who won the purse bid, so Quillin vacated and it derailed his career. The WBC have spent a year and a half pretending like Whyte doesnt exist because if they order that fight, and Eddie Hearn plays hardball, he could theoretically win a purse bid and force Wilder to go to DAZN or vacate his title.

WBC are aware of all that and trying their hardest to avoid putting Haymon in that situation.

You are absolutely spot on, they are probably scared of the purse bid, can showtime compete and win it if the WBC ordered Wilder/Whyte? I mean the WBC ordered Whyte/Breazeale and then Fury/Whyte, and both fights didn’t happen because of Breazeale and Fury, so why didn’t they make Whyte the mandatory just like they did with Breazeale? I mean the excuse for why Breazeale was made the mandatory was because of that exact reason.... that same reason has now happened to Whyte TWICE.

Comment

WBC, WBA and WBO are jokes. IBF is the only one I have some respect for. I think WBA is by far the worst though, they must have 50 world title belts at this point, though the WBC is creeping up with all the interim, silver and diamond ****

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Different situation.

Alvarez was declared the mandatory, but he kept taking step-aside money to not challenge for the title and the WBC didn't give a fuck as long as everyone got paid.
                    Hey the guy said Whyte had the longest time in the #1 spot record. He don't. Alvarez gots him beat. Maybe more cats do idk.

And idk all these sketchy ass ABC situation nor care all that much honestly. All these people do business with these ABC groups who they know are corrupt &/or incompetent. Can't be surprised when a sketchy mfer does sketchy sh^t to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      I would say Charlo too...I don't know enough about Haney and Whyte's situations to really know there...I think Whyte is overhyped probably but he has been around the top level longer, so probably he deserves it first if that is the criteria. Haney looks more legit to me though as a fighter.

As someone else mentioned..it is odd that Charlo isn't complaining every day about the Canelo fight...and even GGG would be a big money fight for him I presume if WBC really wanted to mandate that...I can understand not wanting GGG right now if he can get similar money for other fights....but if I were him and his team I would be pushing hard for Canelo...maybe he is getting step aside money, Idk.
                      They already ordered the Golovkin fight but are ultimately they can't enforce it because GGG isn't their champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X