No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Not Interested in Povetkin Due To Political Overtones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    Gassiev is an Ossetian not a Russian there is an ethnic difference. The ossestians are more related to Iranians and other true Caucasus peoples and are often referred to as “blacks” by Slavic Russians of the north. Big difference between povetkin (who also follows the folk religion of the Slavic peoples and is a huge Slavic nationalist) and Gassiev. Even the names are different. This is literally like taking a white American and a Mexican American and calling them the same.
    Gassiev is a big fan of Putin. He does not seem to feel himself discriminated by "Slavic" Russians...

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
      BangEM is somewhat correct as well as you.
      Russia stole "Cossacks" brand as russia steals and rewrites history about everything but BangEM is STILL somewhat correct.

To both of you I tell you what really is:
      Ukrainian cossacks originally were ukrainian military force who fought protecting independence against Poland, Turkey, Crimea tatars and Moskow. But when Ukraine became occupied by russia naturally cossacks were called out of law.

That's when term "Registered cossacks" appeared as a result of military accomplishments against russia when some amount of them was legalized getting all the rights in russia society. You can imagine that some cossacks lost desire to continue their presence in Cossack army after being registered.

ALSO, Rostov used to be Ukraine region before it was switched for Crimea by russia so many cossacks descendants now lived in russia.

So, russia's cassacks (their name is changed with A letter instead of O) are nothing but a followers of disgraceful traitors (ex-registered cossasks who turned their back to Ukraine after being legalized) and cossack-ancesotrs of Rostov who lost their connection to the motherland.

These are the reasons why russia cassacks were doing despicable things: fighting civilians/noncombatants in Crimea, taking part in war against other sovereign countries on their land and torturing both militaries and civilians (including cutting heads off captives who won't follow their humiliating orders to country or themselves).

Russia uses product of its poison. As evil as russian imperialism was for ALL the ages.

Maybe a pill could bring you a little bit of space between you and you ????

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Good to hear, man. It's not really a sleight but an observation that many US dudes tend not to be that aware of this kinda regional issue.
        None taken. I think a lot of that has to due with the sheer size and population of the USA and it’s geographic isolation from Eurasia and Africa. Over a career as a Soldier though I’ve spent significant periods of my career in various parts of Europe and particularly southwestern Asia and to a lesser degree northern Africa. My undergraduate was in history. Someone was saying earlier than the outside world tended to look at the vast Russian empire, especially the USSR/CCCP, as a monolithic entity rather than the immense “empire” spanning many ethnicities they it was and still is. People tend to only see the dominant Slavic Russians as the only peoples....a quick read of internal conflicts within Russia over just the last 30 years and the breakup of the Soviet Union negates that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          None taken. I think a lot of that has to due with the sheer size and population of the USA and it’s geographic isolation from Eurasia and Africa. Over a career as a Soldier though I’ve spent significant periods of my career in various parts of Europe and particularly southwestern Asia and to a lesser degree northern Africa. My undergraduate was in history. Someone was saying earlier than the outside world tended to look at the vast Russian empire, especially the USSR/CCCP, as a monolithic entity rather than the immense “empire” spanning many ethnicities they it was and still is. People tend to only see the dominant Slavic Russians as the only peoples....a quick read of internal conflicts within Russia over just the last 30 years and the breakup of the Soviet Union negates that.
          Yeah that was me, man... like I said earlier my old man was a Communist and that was how I was brought up. I've evolved my own political views since but I still have a deep fascination with the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany and the ideological and political conflicts of the 20th C. Read that ish to death including the deeper history, though I never formally studied it.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            No, of course not. It was the old Russian empire pulled back together by blood and steel. You read some of the biographies of the Soviet WW2 generals and they cut their teeth in the civil war fighting in the fringe areas (like the Caucasus) armed with sabres on horseback. Tragic and bloody history Russia with Ukraine in particular suffering apocalyptic mortality levels over and over for the first half of the 20th C.

As you can see from some of the posts on this thread, feelings still run deep.
            Well understood!

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              Ehh who cares, Povetkin is on his way out and Usyk has plenty of others to choose from.
              The truth. Povetkin was only interesting for Usyks first heavyweight fight. Not anymore.

Comment

Probably doesn't want to be a victim of a polonium of Novichok attack anytime soon.

Wise choice by Usyk

Comment

Well I've been to Ukraine and I can tell their women are hot. All gold diggers, but still hot.

Comment

Ukrainian women and Russian women are both amazingly sexy groups of women and yes they are all gold diggers but what third world women arnt when concerning first world men....

Comment

And by the way povetkin is severely overated....much like Ruddock against Tyson twice, povetkin built a reputation by “losing well” to wlad....in retrospect he was beaten to a pulp by the most limited but oddly successful heavyweight champion ever

Comment

Working...
                      X