Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin-Rolls worst value for money fight ever in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
    Bob, if you are going by quality of fight May vs Berto was a dog. Now, if you going by the numbers then you are equally wrong because Dazn is a year round subscription in SPORTS and that's a bargain considering that I got AJ and this card for $10.
    I'm going by value to the network. DAZN gets nothing from this fight. It's ****ing trash. Mayweather-Berto was far higher quality than this. Berto was a top 10 WW FFS. Stop being a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      Bob, if you are going by quality of fight May vs Berto was a dog. Now, if you going by the numbers then you are equally wrong because Dazn is a year round subscription in SPORTS and that's a bargain considering that I got AJ and this card for $10.
      Showtime did the exact thing with Mayweather. This is just a lesser version of that. They had a long term deal and it was kind of reward for Mayweather for making them bank on Pac.

I don't think this is quite in the same league but they figure they will make enough to be ok.

Comment

GGG was overpaid for a tune-up fight to be sacrificed later on in a big fight. But GGG has no integrity or pride he could of fought a top 10-15 ranked contender or went into a title fight with Andrade. He took almost a year off and came back with a guy barely ranked top 100 at 160. He wanted this level fight. He chose Rolls just like he chose Vanes last year LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
          I think it’s far worse. Overpaying Mayweather was calculated because losing however many million on that fight was paying off with the millions and millions rolling into Showtime/Haymon coffers from the Pac and Conner McGregor fights.

Don’t give him that ultra-sweet contract at the time and you don’t get all of those bigger money fights.

I can’t see where GGG has a payoff like that for dazn. Yeah, they’ll do Canelo again but I don’t think that’s going to bring in literally hundreds of millions in long-term subscribers (more like people will take a free month trial or just pay for one month if that) to offset this kind of loss.

Plus it just screams that dazn doesn’t offer quality — Showtime (and HBO and others over the years) had track records that, yeah, this fight or that fight might be crap, but over the course of time you’re going to get the real quality you want here. Dazn has a long way to go to establish that and, quite frankly, isn’t going out of its way to offer the good stuff to build that rep.
          They needed ggg on dazn. GGG is a top5 boxing star and they needed him to build the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            They needed ggg on dazn. GGG is a top5 boxing star and they needed him to build the brand.
            This fight is building nothing. It's ****ing garbage. Signing Golovkin was a massive mistake for how much it cost them. Golovkin isn't even that big of a draw without Canelo. If DAZN goes under FAKE G will have played a massive part.

Comment

This is the issue with Dazn.

80% of the months are not worth $20.

This fight should not be behind a paywall.

They are killing the viewership of these fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Connor would beat Rolls. I don't know how the **** you can defend this fight.
                Showing how little you know about the sport again lil robbie, it’s funny that you like to make a fool of yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                  Showing how little you know about the sport again lil robbie, it’s funny that you like to make a fool of yourself
                  How so? You think Rolls would beat McGregor?

Comment

I'm a big GGG fan but this is a horrible fight. Worthless in all aspects.

Comment

^^Rolls would of course beat the little Irish fella in a boxing match. You can't be that stupid. Just like GGG would lose to a lower level (but still pro) MMA guy in MMA.

Comment

Working...
                      X