No announcement yet.

The Lomachenko hype is going way too far

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    Crawford beats the Orlando Salidos of the world.

Lol...
    Pretty much all that needed to be said.

All this indecisiveness about Lomachingeko is coming from a bunch of *******.

Dude was in his prime and got whooped by a washed up Salidoe.

I'd compare Loma to Hector Camacho at best maybe one day I'd say Prince Naseem.

Comment

The bum has 9 wins and a loss by Salido and they’re comparing him to some of the greats. Shyt is pathetic. Just cause he’s white. FOH. The bum still has Salido problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. EBT 97K View Post
        The bum has 9 wins and a loss by Salido and they’re comparing him to some of the greats. Shyt is pathetic. Just cause he’s white. FOH. The bum still has Salido problems.
        I’m white and while I do think he’s a good boxer, comparing him to PBF of the 130s to 140 is embarrassing as is comparing him to Duran(there’s actually a thread on this forum with quite a number of posters saying he would beat Duran) I’ve even seen someone say he would beat Leonard on this forum pmsl Infact going as far as saying he is a better technical boxer than SRL

Comment

how can you be mad with a fighter bringing exposure to a sport that usually sits in a dark corner..... gotta love the fact that he is bring fans to the sport

Comment

Seems to be that a lot of the hype is actually driven by the haters.

Case in point...

ESPN crew (like all TV commentators these days) is riding Loma's nuts heavy because it looks like they are trying to make him the face of ESPN boxing. You call yourself a boxing fan? Why so offended by what some paid commentators are saying. Do they represent the boxing masses?

Besides why are you so offended and insulted? Pure sign of insecurity.

So because of this one broadcast, a bunch of clowns all over the internet start a hundred threads and post a million tweets about how "they be hyping bumachenko" and this **** just grows exponentially.

Threads like this one and a dozen other ones.

Fact or not? There are more threads on the internet saying how Loma is getting too much hype than threads about people actually saying Loma is the GOAT.

And here is the best bit........all this NOISE is happening in the English speaking world and more so here on American NSB (boxingscene).

Over in Loma's home market and the Russian speaking part of the world people are very sensible, none of this hype and hate. He's a special talent, lets wait and see what comes of it all.

Oh and when you are really tapped out, lets make it racial...

Comment

Originally posted by PanchoGomez View Post
              how can you be mad with a fighter bringing exposure to a sport that usually sits in a dark corner..... gotta love the fact that he is bring fans to the sport
              Lets be quite frank hear, lomachenko is not bringing anyone who was not already interested in the sport to boxing. The only person from personal exprience(I am in the uk mind) who has that drawing power is AJ, as even most girls from the here recognise him due to his physique etc.

Comment

Loma is the real deal Enjoy him in this era. No different than Floyd and Pac era.

On top of that Loma wants to fight all the big names around his weight. A rare breed these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisstewart1 View Post
                  I’m white and while I do think he’s a good boxer
                  I don't get it...You are white so what? Are you Ukrainian?

You know "white" folks have had more wars between themselves that any other people on the planet.

I think this "identify as white" phenomena only exists in America and perhaps UK.

I understand if people might identify on religious grounds and that's how historically people often built bonds, but what does a Russian have in common with a Spaniard?

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                    Seems to be that a lot of the hype is actually driven by the haters.

Case in point...

ESPN crew (like all TV commentators these days) is riding Loma's nuts heavy because it looks like they are trying to make him the face of ESPN boxing. You call yourself a boxing fan? Why so offended by what some paid commentators are saying. Do they represent the boxing masses?

Besides why are you so offended and insulted? Pure sign of insecurity.

So because of this one broadcast, a bunch of clowns all over the internet start a hundred threads and post a million tweets about how "they be hyping bumachenko" and this **** just grows exponentially.

Threads like this one and a dozen other ones.

Fact or not? There are more threads on the internet saying how Loma is getting too much hype than threads about people actually saying Loma is the GOAT.

And here is the best bit........all this NOISE is happening in the English speaking world and more so here on American NSB (boxingscene).

Over in Loma's home market and the Russian speaking part of the world people are very sensible, none of this hype and hate. He's a special talent, lets wait and see what comes of it all.

Oh and when you are really tapped out, lets make it racial...
                    I think you need to read the names of who’s posting as it clearly is not me the OP who is tapping out and making things racial or branding him bumachenko

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                      I don't get it...You are white so what? Are you Ukrainian?

You know "white" folks have had more wars between themselves that any other people on the planet.

I think this "identify as white" phenomena only exists in America and perhaps UK.

I understand if people might identify on religious grounds and that's how historically people often built bonds, but what does a Russian have in common with a Spaniard?
                      God you are ignorant as hell, considering Spaniards are not
                      Classed as white id say not a lot, and if you actually read any of the posts you’d see that is in reply to someone claiming lomachenkos hype is down whites being racist.

Comment

Working...
                      X