Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Garcia, overhyped or future championship contender?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Garcia, overhyped or future championship contender?

It seems like I can't get him out of my Instagram explore page. I believe he's paying for advertisements because he's mainly the only upcoming boxer I see.

He sparred with Rolly from TMT 2 times, I believe the first time he got massacred and the second time he held his ground a little bit.

Now there is talk of him fighting Hector Tanajara who is with Mikey Garcia.

Thoughts on the matter?

future champion they should jsut take the slow route with him.

Comment

He didn't get massacred by Rollie.
      Rollie keeps forgetting sparring is sparring and not meant to be a street fight.
      Ryan got it over him both times when it was purely boxing.
      I'm not a huge fan but with the right trainer and promoter which he has he will get a world title.
      Also boxing isn't his only means of income.
      If he does it right he will make huge money throughout his life.

Comment

With Canelo, I believe his chances are way greater - but there is always the risk of him just loosing interest which it seems like with all the modeling he does. I'm guessing he gets better paychecks for just modeling in brands like FashionNova etc.

Once again, I don't know much about him - so I can't judge.

Comment

He’s definitely a future champ the kid has ridiculous speed, power and athleticism and as long as he stays focus he’ll be a star.

Comment

I’m in the minority that he’s no future champion unless he fights a bum for a vacant. He looks just average in his training videos. At best he will be AB good. Solid future gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
              I’m in the minority that he’s no future champion unless he fights a bum for a vacant. He looks just average in his training videos. At best he will be AB good. Solid future gatekeeper.
              Hype job if he is as good victor oritz i be suprised

Comment

Currently the Biggest Hypejob
                In the sport. Don’t think he’ll Ever be elite or anywhere near that level. Personally think he gets the beat down when he fights legit top 15-20 fighter

I’m assuming most of his fans are rating him off his looks alone not what he does in the ring

Look at the 2 other legit young Thoroughbreds in his division around the same age ( Teofimo / Haney ) How many think if Garcia was to fight either of them he wouldn’t get bodybagged & Toe Tagged.

There’s a reason both those guys are already fighting at a level where they’re fighting against a higher level / fighting guys who have experience fighting for World Straps or have experience Facing World Champs. Their teams believe that they are legit future World Champions and are fast tracking them

Garcia is still fighting A Tier or 2 below that, because his team know he isn’t the real deal.
                Last edited by R_Walken; 07-04-2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Future contender & future star.

Comment

The third big Garcia of this generation.

Mikey Garcia, Danny Garcia, Ryan Garcia.

Similar to Danny, I see him doing well at 140.

Comment

Working...
                    X