Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Gets Off The Floor To Decision Oscar Rivas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK referees are 100% quicker to stop a fight and make some very questionable calls.

When Joshua 'stopped' Klit - all he was doing was hitting gloves and shoulders...

UK refs are terrified that a fighter will sustain a serious injury and that they will be held to account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
      Its embarrassing. He didn't even look that hurt. Worse it stops fighters from US and overseas coming here.

I get that Gorman is a young fighter who could do without being knocked out badly so early in his career. But it's up to his corner to protect him not the referee.
      Was only a second KD too. He didn’t look hurt, and was up by 7. Was a good fight too. Shame it ended that quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        UK referees are 100% quicker to stop a fight and make some very questionable calls.

When Joshua 'stopped' Klit - all he was doing was hitting gloves and shoulders...

UK refs are terrified that a fighter will sustain a serious injury and that they will be held to account.
        forget klit what about that takam stoppage, lmao that was atrocious.

ive said it before but vic loughlin is the ONLY good uk reff, the rest of the reffs are bought and paid for / completely awful / both. unfortunately Vic has a death on his watch which had nothing to do with him.

Comment

I agree with this. It's more because they are over cautious. Even UK fighters arent given full counts to get off the floor. Fury would have lost against Wilder if that had been in the UK. Ref would have waved it off. Look at Groves/Froch II or Dubois Vs Gorman if you need proof
          Groves/Froch II? Groves got knocked out cold! Are you talking about Groves/Froch I? Yes, that was a quick stoppage. Dubois/Gorman? Gorman was finished! There's no way he was going to recover. Dubois would've knocked him into oblivion if that fight had continued. Those are two horrible examples of UK refs being quick to stop a fight. What about Nick Blackwell vs Chris Eubank? Did they stop the fight too early there? Blackwell ended up in a coma.
          It's called looking out for the health of the fighters. Dadashev died because the idiotic, blood thirsty commission, doctors and ref didn't stop the fight before Dadashev received lethal damage.
          Last edited by theface07; 07-27-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by theface07 View Post
            Groves/Froch II? Groves got knocked out cold! Are you talking about Groves/Froch I? Yes, that was a quick stoppage. Dubois/Gorman? Gorman was finished! There's no way he was going to recover. Dubois would've knocked him into oblivion if that fight had continued. Those are two horrible examples of UK refs being quick to stop a fight. What about Nick Blackwell vs Chris Eubank? Did they stop the fight too early there? Blackwell ended up in a coma.
            It's called looking out for the health of the fighters. Dadashev died because the idiotic, blood thirsty commission, doctors and ref didn't stop the fight before Dadashev received lethal damage.
            No man watch it again, Groves did a Fury and started to get up and the referee pushed him down and waved it off. What the ref is meant to do is to let him get up then look into his eyes and ask him to walk forward check his stability and strength - not make assumptions before he even gets up.

Blackwell/Eubank was nothing like Gorman/Dubois. Blackwell was hit with concussive shots round after round. That was brutal. It was more up to his corner to pull him out. Gorman wasn't that hurt and he definitely could have continued. Again the ref should have given him a full count and checked out his ability to continue. Neither of the 2 knockdowns was a heavy one

I don't want to see boxers hurt - but it's obvious when a boxer is taking a beating round after round and the fights needs to be stopped early. Gorman/Dubois was not one of those fights.

Comment

No man watch it again, Groves did a Fury and started to get up and the referee pushed him down and waved it off. What the ref is meant to do is to let him get up then look into his eyes and ask him to walk forward check his stability and strength - not make assumptions before he even gets up.

Blackwell/Eubank was nothing like Gorman/Dubois. Blackwell was hit with concussive shots round after round. That was brutal. It was more up to his corner to pull him out. Gorman wasn't that hurt and he definitely could have continued. Again the ref should have given him a full count and checked out his ability to continue. Neither of the 2 knockdowns was a heavy one

I don't want to see boxers hurt - but it's obvious when a boxer is taking a beating round after round and the fights needs to be stopped early. Gorman/Dubois was not one of those fights.
              Groves was knocked out cold, he even said post fight that it was a shot he didn't see coming that put him down for the count. You are seriously deluded if you thought Groves could've continued and I was going for Groves in both fights.
              Also, if you thought Gorman had a chance against Dubois, after Dubois regularly landed his ramrod jab and dropped him with concussive blow after blow, you sir DKSAB.

Comment

• Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                Groves was knocked out cold, he even said post fight that it was a shot he didn't see coming that put him down for the count. You are seriously deluded if you thought Groves could've continued and I was going for Groves in both fights.
                Also, if you thought Gorman had a chance against Dubois, after Dubois regularly landed his ramrod jab and dropped him with concussive blow after blow, you sir DKSAB.
                Groves started to get up on a 6 count. That's better than Tyson Fury did when he was knocked out cold and allowed to continue. The ref should have let him get up and *checked* to see if he could continue

I was supporting Dubois and I said that here before the fight but every fighter deserves a chance. Some of the best boxing wins have happened from no-hope positions

The problem here is that it's partisan. People are happy when the guy they didn't want to win is stopped early but then whinge like hell when their man is stopped early

Comment

Working...
                X