Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might have to eat my words with the Beligium team.

Still think they get found out against a good team when it really matters though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      I might have to eat my words with the Beligium team.

Still think they get found out against a good team when it really matters though.
      ... since 2 years ago, Belgium was one of the most beautiful teams around...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... since 2 years ago, Belgium was one of the most beautiful teams around...
        They should have done even more with their squad depth. They have been found wanting in the championship rounds before i and i expect the same this time.

It's not enough to just be good in flashes. But they do look one of the best sides so far.

They're like the new Holland.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
          Dzagoev? (sp) he plays 10, so no idea who you mean? maybe roman pavluchenko, one of the worst strikers in spurs history
          That’s his name, Dzagoev.

I meant his kit number though. I think he is wearing #9 for Russia.

He was supposed to be the Russian hazard and did nothing with his career since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I call them Maltesers.

Tunisia are gonna burn these Belgian waffles
            Belgium is up 4-1 and still looking to score more goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Yeah I find him quietly effective no thrills player who will have a good output as he he fine tunes his game. Very good technique and awareness.

The Serb on the other hand is an expert at getting the ball between the lines already. Sort of like Riquelme from back in the day.

I still like Groetzka best. The German Lampard written all over him. That would be my top shelf pick for Chelsea.
              I’ll have to watch them closer then.

Goretzka already committed to bayern though.

Makes no sense though because none of these guys even get chances at Bayern though. Bayern buy up all the top young German kids but never use them just like Götze and they burn their careers making the move to München.

Comment

• Batshuayi. Jeezus man.

Comment

• Tunisia getting raped

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    I am confused...do you mean "Maltese" when you type ""Maltanian"?
                    Actually I mean "****off-esian".

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      They should have done even more with their squad depth. They have been found wanting in the championship rounds before i and i expect the same this time.

It's not enough to just be good in flashes. But they do look one of the best sides so far.

They're like the new Holland.
                      Belgium is a "beautiful" team, but not a great team... lost vs Italy and... Wales (!) back in 2016...

Comment

Working...
                      X