Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Says Kell Brooks Next Fight Will Be At 147 or 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a Hearn interview where he said Brook's ideal weight would be 151lbs..... That 4lbs to 147 kills him, but he also is not a big 154 guy.

Brook's career has been such a disappointment. I was looking forward to some great fight at 147 after he won the IBF but Hearn never backed him to get the unification.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      I watched a Hearn interview where he said Brook's ideal weight would be 151lbs..... That 4lbs to 147 kills him, but he also is not a big 154 guy.

Brook's career has been such a disappointment. I was looking forward to some great fight at 147 after he won the IBF but Hearn never backed him to get the unification.
      154 is absolutely his ideal weight but the truth is that he has no interest in having a real run at it as a 154 fighter, too many good fighters for little reward.

He's trying to land one last big payday and get out of the game and he won't find that at 154 now. He even said himself he only has a year or two left in the game.

Comment

Kells Brook, quit again. Jr. middleweight was his 'ideal' weight class but the chicken cant take the competition! What a failure this Kells Brook is. Had offers from Hurd and b*tched out like he always does.

This parasite is a flea, riding Amir Khans nutsack!

Comment

This just in, Brook may fight next at any weight between 147-160

Comment

Brook should just move up or retire, trying to make 147 at this stage of his career is moronic as he clearly struggles to do so

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Brook should just move up or retire, trying to make 147 at this stage of his career is moronic as he clearly struggles to do so
              I'm not buying the "16 week training camp and he could get down to 147" BS either.

If you need to starve and train for 16 weeks to make weight you will never be 100% in the fight...... camps are about peaking at the right time, he could be totally shattered after 16 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                I'm not buying the "16 week training camp and he could get down to 147" BS either.

If you need to starve and train for 16 weeks to make weight you will never be 100% in the fight...... camps are about peaking at the right time, he could be totally shattered after 16 weeks.
                Exactly, he has shown that he fades in many of his fights and I think part of it is due to the weight cut drain. He should fight at 154 or hang up his gloves.

Comment

I remember when Brook fans said he would rule 154 lol

Comment

Hearn would prefer Manny vs Khan because he wants Manny to be the face of DAZN boxing, at least until GGG signs or Usyk or AJ become known statewide.

Khan vs. Brook is great business in the UK, but that's not Hearn's focus right now.

Comment

What is up with Brook trying so hard to fight below 154lbs? I get it for an Amir Khan fight, but he should really be trying to challenge top fighters at 154 in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X