Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua-Deontay Wilder: The Epic of a New Generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70s: Ali, Frazier, Foreman
    90s: Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe
    10s: Wilder, Joshua

Every 20 years we get treated to greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      I agree with ya, they both had an easy route.
      But AJ arguably had easier route, with Eddie buying it for him from the worst champ of all time.
      Somebody once said to me if you agree with something, or apologies for something - you should never follow up with the word ‘but’ as it descredits everything you said before it and will only make you come across as argumentative. Consider that because if you really think AJ’s resume was easier than Wilder you are being exactly that.

Comment

So what has Joe Parker done to barely get a mention? If anything the only thing he's done wrong in the eyes of some of the press gallery and fans is not KO every single opponent since picking up the WBO strap.

It's disrespectful. It's purely a comparison bias. Sure I enjoy watching these two behemoths stomping around the ring and blowing opponents away, but when will we see two champions of this size and respective records again? Not for a very long time.

Parkers only sin is to be a few inches shorter and a bag of oranges lighter. He's travelled, stayed busy, fought top ten contender's, and is now travelling again to a very hostile atmosphere where possibly 70,000 drunk poms will be screaming and singing at the top of their lungs whilst a huge man with an almost 80's Arnold Schwarzenegger body comes out to knock his block off.

Doesn't he deserve SOME respect?

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          Somebody once said to me if you agree with something, or apologies for something - you should never follow up with the word ‘but’ as it descredits everything you said before it and will only make you come across as argumentative. Consider that because if you really think AJ’s resume was easier than Wilder you are being exactly that.
          A wise man once told me theres no point arguing whether a dog turd or a cat turd is tastier. They both taste like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I knew Fitz would be writing this rubbish. AJ v Wlad was the definitive heavyweight clash of this generation.

Foh, lmao. **** are you on drugs? Wlad was 41 and coming off of a 15-17 month layoff. Foh lol... That stiff ass UK coward will attempt to duck Wilder by hiding behind Hearn. And you're ***** ass response is the same ***** ass response Hearn has when he hears Wilder's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
              They both had easy routes. They both had 1 good win. AJ is not a god, and is not GOAT, so get over it.

I wouldnt be too critical about PEDs users, when AJ is the most obvious drug cheat in world sport.
              I don’t rate AJ that highly, certainly don’t think he’s a god, but I am willing to defend him on here to the various excitable Wilder fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                So what has Joe Parker done to barely get a mention? If anything the only thing he's done wrong in the eyes of some of the press gallery and fans is not KO every single opponent since picking up the WBO strap.

It's disrespectful. It's purely a comparison bias. Sure I enjoy watching these two behemoths stomping around the ring and blowing opponents away, but when will we see two champions of this size and respective records again? Not for a very long time.

Parkers only sin is to be a few inches shorter and a bag of oranges lighter. He's travelled, stayed busy, fought top ten contender's, and is now travelling again to a very hostile atmosphere where possibly 70,000 drunk poms will be screaming and singing at the top of their lungs whilst a huge man with an almost 80's Arnold Schwarzenegger body comes out to knock his block off.

Doesn't he deserve SOME respect?
                Parker's promoters have not done enough to put him at the centre. AJ and Wilder are rave of the moment and Parker, who is himself a champ, is at the margin.

Comment

Working...
                X