Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd carried connor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd doesn't have power. If he could have gotten Connor out of there early he would of. Why risk something bad like cut or lucky punch?

Comment

He didnt carry him so much as he threw nothing the first 3 rounds to allow Conor to tire himself. This also allows Conor to look better and cover up the farce that was the fight.

But I disagree that he could have stopped Conor earlier and didnt. The biggest surprise in the fight was Conor's punch resistance and that he could take Mayweather's punches. Mayweather had zero respect for Conors power, which I expected as MMA and boxing punching is a completely different level. I would have thought conor would have went down way sooner but then again he was much larger than mayweather in the ring as well.

Mayweather looked sloppy as chit, he wasnt as defensive as normally and his timing was off, he was misssing a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        "Think?" Do you "think" arguably one of the greatest lead/counter right hand punchers of all time could do this by accident?

So to you age had nothing to do with it? Conor's slip-uppercut had nothing to do with it? And you think Floyd took an uppercut like that on purpose? He got slipped and countered. End of discussion. I stand by my original statement.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          I don't even like Floyd but it seemed to me he wasn't trying. When he decided to end the charade it was over.
          FAIL. He tried to end the fight from rd 4 on and Conor fought him very well for 5 more rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            So to you age had nothing to do with it? Conor's slip-uppercut had nothing to do with it? And you think Floyd took an uppercut like that on purpose? He got slipped and countered. End of discussion. I stand by my original statement.
            Pfffffffffft... Conor didn't "slip" anything. His head only moved (rotated) fractionally after Floyd launched the shot. The only reason it missed is because Mayweather MADE it miss. You're not describing what happened. You're inserting what supports your argument. Either you're dumb or stupid, it's one of the two.

Comment

FAIL. He tried to end the fight from rd 4 on and Conor fought him very well for 5 more rounds.
              That was how I saw it. There is no Fail as you put it. When Floyd got serious it was obvious Connor was getting stopped. He won there is no dispute and Connor lost badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                "If he could have stopped him earlier he would have. He was trying to get the KO around the 4th round. Stop being naïve."

The day you know more about this business than I do the world will end!
                People including boxers who call themselves the GOAT are NOT!

This mma guy couldn't break an egg yet when Floyd started to land he fell apart! If mma fighters could take solid shots on the chin they would be in boxing.

Ray
                I guarantee with everything true in this world that I know more about this sport than you. Floyd was trying to hit Floyd from rd.4 on. The fact is that he couldn't end it until Conor tired out. Great game plan and it worked BUT don't make it out to be something that it wasn't. I bet a friend that Floyd would win within 3 rds. and I was dead wrong because I underestimated Conors skills. And so did Floyd.

And anyone who signs their name at the end of their posts like some kind of calling card is most certainly no gem, takes themselves way too seriously and has a very distorted opinion of themselves. That's you

THE GOAT

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  That was how I saw it. There is no Fail as you put it. When Floyd got serious it was obvious Connor was getting stopped. He won there is no dispute and Connor lost badly.
                  Oh I thought he would get stopped in 3 rds or less but that didn't happen for a reason. Floyd knew right away that he was in deeper than he thought. Floyd amped it up after a few rds and was still getting caught clean. It was no mistake. Floyd didn't allow Conor to do nothing. That's just what Floyd apologists like to say to excuse him for getting touched up badly by an mma fighter. And no he didn't lose bad at all. Since he won more rds than Canelo did. (If you ignore the one draw card that Golden Boy paid for)

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
                    Floyd was suckering fans for the Floyd Manny 2 con, he was sparring people like Spence when he was sparring for McGregor, and putting beatings on the rest of tmt... let him cook
                    He sparred Spence years before that and there's insiders that say Floyd got roughed up when Spence wasn't even on the gas.

Comment

I guarantee with everything true in this world that I know more about this sport than you. Floyd was trying to hit Floyd from rd.4 on. The fact is that he couldn't end it until Conor tired out. Great game plan and it worked BUT don't make it out to be something that it wasn't. I bet a friend that Floyd would win within 3 rds. and I was dead wrong because I underestimated Conors skills. And so did Floyd.

And anyone who signs their name at the end of their posts like some kind of calling card is most certainly no gem, takes themselves way too seriously and has a very distorted opinion of themselves. That's you

THE GOAT

LOL!
                      how could you "guarantee" such a great thing? Please enlighten us all on exactly what unequivocally proves you're more knowledgeable than he is when it comes to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X