Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO & Showtime head to head ratings from this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Estrada fans but I completely FORGOT about HBO Card. Probably won't be brought back to HBO unfortunately despite being one of the best P4P

Showtime Card was entertaining, only negative was Ugas having to Follow behind a thriller in Kownaski vs Martin. Ugas couldn't getting an impressive Stoppage but boxed beautifully but one-sided mismatches are boring to watch regardless.

Decent Numbers for Showtime going up against NCAA College Football and what turned out to be a Excellent UFC Card with impressive Knockouts. Also seen on Twitter that the UFC completely overshadowed Boxing when it came to Trending Numbers it wasn't even close.

MMA is the more popular Sport in the US especially with that young demographic
    Last edited by sicko; 09-11-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Who would watch that HBO card instead of Porter-Garcia? Super fly is a great idea when the best guys are actually fighting one another. Not when they're all fighting other people instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        HBO needs to shut it down. They created superfly for Roman Gonzalez and he doesnt even fight on the cards anymore.
        This.

I mean fair play on someone keeping the lil guys in cards like this. Its obviously something lil guy fanboys love, but the fact this HBO is doing this with these guys few care about would be like the Lamborghini guys coming out with an economy car.

Roman was the anchor for this for HBO & him falling off has left me feeling w/e-ish about these events.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This.

I mean fair play on someone keeping the lil guys in cards like this. Its obviously something lil guy fanboys love, but the fact this HBO is doing this with these guys few care about would be like the Lamborghini guys coming out with an economy car.

Roman was the anchor for this for HBO & him falling off has left me feeling w/e-ish about these events.
          Nah man they just need to match up these guys better.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Yep. Their best bet was to lock down Eddie Hearn. He was the only promoter out there with a decent enough roster to make fights. Now every promoter has a good deal. Oscar has Ryan Garcia but his last fight was on Facebook instead of HBO. Where do they turn from here?
            This is why I think HBO is in trouble. There's really no incentive to fighting on HBO anymore based on what they're working with.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Where's the numbers for the Estrada fight? Also want we're the peak/average ratings?

Comment

Main Events and Greg Cohen I think. But do they have a stable of fighters. Don King back lol. Roc Nation can they be a player again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Nah man they just need to match up these guys better.
                  Idk man. I don't think all these random guys are products like Roman was. Obviously the fights should be more competitive, but thats at all weights that that should be the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    This is why I think HBO is in trouble. There's really no incentive to fighting on HBO anymore based on what they're working with.
                    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    This.

I was reading a guy on Twitter who used to work at HBO & he said they blew it and the PPV numbers won't be as high because HBO did a terrible job on the lead up. He said Superfly shoulda been 2 weeks ago. HBO shoulda locked up NY with Jacobs & Dervy this past weekend and forced SHO to the west coast or moved the date. Then you have Canelo-GGG this week. And a prospect/contender (KingyRy?) that you're building fight on the card the following week as the lead in to the PPV replay.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                      Where's the numbers for the Estrada fight? Also want we're the peak/average ratings?
                      Check Jake Donavan twitter or Keith idec

Comment

Working...
                      X